Simms-Watts 100w head - 1972 classic head (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter simi
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 1

simi

Simms-Watts 100w head for sale/swap.
Classic British valve head. Think Orange, but with more stability at high volumes (probably down to extremely heavy-duty build)

Built early '70's, the same model used by Mick Ronson during the "Ziggy" years. Switchable output, 7.5 or 15 ohms. I've used it with a 4x12 with Celestions (cab NOT for sale)

This amp WILL NEED REPAIR WORK ! It hasn't been used for a couple of years, and will need at least a new set of EL34s, a couple of ECC83s (though it still has 2 of the original Mullards from the 70s), a new mains cable (old 3-pin Bakelite fitting) and a proper service. However, to valve amp enthusiasts, I'm 100% sure you'll get your moneys worth. A fully working example of the same model went for €850 on eBay a few days ago.

A beautiful-sounding authentic hand-wired piece of kit. I've had it for about 15 years, and I just don't have any use for it. I hate to see it go, but an amp like this should be PLAYED by someone who'll appreciate it.

Pics available - Looking for about €500, or preferably trade for;

Any decent Fender solid state amp (at least 100w)
Roland JC120
Fender Jazzmaster (any condition!)

or something interesting like that....

cheers

Hmmm, I'm tempted but not sure if I should. Would you be interesed in a straight swap for a Fender Bassman 100 head. It's in similar condition, not working, although the valves are good just needs a few resisters/caps replaced. Great valve clean sound. Although it's pretty much the same as yours only difference is 6L6's vs EL34's. Output is 4ohms only.

Right, Sparse, you and me have the same problem - Although I'm sure your Bassman is a gem, I'd still end up having it sitting around - I have a nice little Fender Tube amp that I'm happy with, what I really need is a solid state combo for gigging, I'm using an '85 but I just need a bit more power. So, thanks a lot, but I think I'll have to pass !!

I've a Fender deluxe 100watt solid state combo I'd be willing to swap.

Sure I'll throw in a sessionette 90 combo too(although this needs a small amount of work,a fuse I think)

I've a Fender deluxe 100watt solid state combo I'd be willing to swap.

Sure I'll throw in a sessionette 90 combo too(although this needs a small amount of work,a fuse I think)

This amp has your name all over it.

Classic 1972 Head
kevin_keegan-head_over_heels_in_love_s.jpg

@Shneaky6pack - I might be up for a swap here - got any details/pics on those 2 amps? I'm in Dublin, can travel to meet and check out these amps.

...thinking about throwing in the cab as well. 4 Celestion speakers, big, heavy true vintage guitar cab. Looking for offers of cash or trades to the value of €1000 for the entire stack...

....want a Jazzmaster...

I'll lash some pics up later man.Tis a decent amp.

okay, appreciate that, the only thing is, if it's the Deluxe 85, I've already got one, so I'd have to pass...let me know tho'.

Thanks

Hey man, you still interested in this? I'm thinking more about that Deluxe 85, if you can send me some pix and details, I might go for that swap. Cheers

Lemme just check what one it is exactly.....its a Fender deluxe 112 plus.
Celestion speaker I think.

This is google image of it..I'll up an actual picture in the morning if you want...

fender_delux112_001.jpg

great, or even email them to me??i'll PM address. Also, can you give me a serial Number? Does it have a footswitch? Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back