signature guitars (1 Viewer)

tribalism innit

View attachment 18282

Cosplayers do annoy me because they tend to have a high turnover of clothes going into the bin. fast fashion for dweebs*

*i think they are more mainstream now
Why aren’t football jerseys like band t-shirts? You’re not dressing like the band but showing support, versus dressing to look like you’re the same person as on the pitch? And why don’t fans go the whole hog and wear the shorts and socks to the gig? People are weird.

Why aren’t football jerseys like band t-shirts? You’re not dressing like the band but showing support, versus dressing to look like you’re the same person as on the pitch? And why don’t fans go the whole hog and wear the shorts and socks to the gig? People are weird.
they do exist...like these...

I mean the point of different tribes in society is that they have different approaches - in this case what is similar is that they both want to be outwardly identifiably as either slayer/metal fans or soccer fans. In the metal tribe they lean towards becoming a human billboard, in the soccer tribes they both outwardly project their tribe and pick their champion.

See also grown ups wearing football jerseys
The horror! Never bought replica football jerseys or wear them. Only had an old O'Neill 's Ireland jersey I got from my brother as a kid.
They're an epic rip off - as crap as Seinfeld.

You can get identical counterfeit jerseys online for 5 Euros. They could even be made in the same factories in China.

EDIT: I never had band shirts growing up. Have a few now. Unless they have good art, I'm not interested.
Only ever bought one T-shirt at a gig.

I would actually love some 1999 Dreamcast Arsenal shirts again. They were so soft.

I'm sick of every t-shirt I have (all band related)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back