signature guitars (1 Viewer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basswood

Basswood is also frequently used as a material for electric guitar bodies. Generally it (along with agathis) is favoured for less-expensive models, although it does see use in high-end instruments as well, such as Ibanez RG series and Ibanez JEM.

Why would you want wider frets?
Has he fat fingers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basswood

Basswood is also frequently used as a material for electric guitar bodies. Generally it (along with agathis) is favoured for less-expensive models, although it does see use in high-end instruments as well, such as Ibanez RG series and Ibanez JEM.

Why would you want wider frets?
Has he fat fingers?
it's quite obvious that he's such a girly man he has to use 2 fingers per fret just to hold the strings down.

I was looking for a picture of Les Paus prototype electric guitar- crudely made from a big plank and bits off a Gibson- amazing looking

Couldn't find it but this came up in the search

state

LesPaul1b.jpg

Apparently the resell value on signature models is terrible - i'd that Kurt Cobain Jagstang when i was about seventeen and trying to sell it on was a nightmare, people want to have their own guitar rather than someone else's.
i used to play one too and i cant now now due to very very very mild similarity in appearance to him. long blond hair and a beard means you cant have a jagstang.

This is a Jaguar:
65jaguar.jpg

Moddled on a Jazzmaster but a little smaller, and more filldey switches.

This is a Mustang:
fender_mustang_racing.gif

You've played my one. It's surf tastic.

and This is a Jagstang:
fender-jagstang.jpg

Just wrong...

You can find your own picture of a Jipstain...

heard that too. in general, i'm not really into signature guitars. but there are one or two exceptions:

img111494-205183.jpg

the malcolm young signature gretch being one. and that geddy lee bass damo was talking about is another one.

nice and all as that is,I'd prefer to play an original,or at least a reissue of an original if they exist.

it just occurred to me that my new guitar is one of these 'signature' guitars.

Its a Rev Horton heat Gretsch 6120 ( i believe I may have mentioned this once or twice here..)

I didn't buy it for that reason though and to look at it it looks like a standard model from the 50s, which is what i wanted.

The pickups are probably the only thing Jim brought to its design - i sure cant see anything else. maybe the red dots on the top of the neck..

it just occurred to me that my new guitar is one of these 'signature' guitars.

Its a Rev Horton heat Gretsch 6120 ( i believe I may have mentioned this once or twice here..)

I didn't buy it for that reason though and to look at it it looks like a standard model from the 50s, which is what i wanted.

The pickups are probably the only thing Jim brought to its design - i sure cant see anything else. maybe the red dots on the top of the neck..

Does it not have cacti on the fret board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back