Sight and Sound's Top 50 Films of All Time (2 Viewers)

Nothing from Pixar?

Mockery.

Only the original Toy Story would deserve to be on the list. Such a tightly made film, and it exemplified all that was best of the "stories without words" shorts that they made previously. Some other great stuff obviously, but nothing for a "best of" list.

Only the original Toy Story would deserve to be on the list. Such a tightly made film, and it exemplified all that was best of the "stories without words" shorts that they made previously. Some other great stuff obviously, but nothing for a "best of" list.

Ah, Kane gets oodles of points for the innovations it used. Only fair to be even-handed with it.

It's an entirely new way of film-making.

*****David Lynch Hijacking of thread*****

i could name a load better films than Mulholland dr. thats been released in the last 20 years

Not even in his top 5 films if you ask me

Blue Velvet
Eraserhead
Lost Highway
The Straight Story
Wild At Heart

Are all better in my opinion.

What about 'Fire Walk With Me' ???

There seems to be some revisionism about it now, mainly spearheaded by Mark Kermode

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As much as I normally like Kermode, he's talking through his arse. If for no other reason than the movie totally and ridiculously destroys Donna's character.

For what it's worth Mulholland Drive along with Blue Velvet is my favourite of his.

As much as I normally like Kermode, he's talking through his arse. If for no other reason than the movie totally and ridiculously destroys Donna's character.

For what it's worth Mulholland Drive along with Blue Velvet is my favourite of his.

Me too. I think Mull Dr is fantastic.

I'd say Mulholland Drive is my favourite film. that or Days of Heaven. or Barry Lyndon.

I watched Days of Heaven for the first time this evening. One of the most beautiful looking movies I've ever seen - it was superb. Loved the quietness of it too, the music and the narration. Great recommendation Bernie. I know you've mentioned it before.

days-of-heaven-movie-poster1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back