SHRINEBUILDER (1 Viewer)

I may have had this same sense of excitement before, think it was for the release of Mortal Kombat II on the Mega Drive...It lived up to the hype.

I had the same thing with Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. It was the first one to come out on the PS2. It ruled.

Yeah, same buzz when Auntie Kathleen got me Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES the weekend it game out -fuck, that was good! My Dad was mad pissed off with her, haahh, she was always gettin me and my sister 'speno toys that our parents would never let us have! GI Joe, Lego castles, enormous teddy bears, mad Airfix models and all. G'wan Auntie Ka you legend!

Anyway, Shrinebuilder is going to be a well decent album whatever way it turns out.

As if. That would be like soooo unprofessional of me.

The labels are nuts about it these days, digitally watermarking promos and shit. Pack of knobarsery. They've been trying this iPool shit where you download MP3s and artwork instead of sending out even crappy promos, nevermind even getting to see the full release as it's sold. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be working out and a lot of them have been giving up on it.

As if. That would be like soooo unprofessional of me.

The labels are nuts about it these days, digitally watermarking promos and shit. Pack of knobarsery. They've been trying this iPool shit where you download MP3s and artwork instead of sending out even crappy promos, nevermind even getting to see the full release as it's sold. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be working out and a lot of them have been giving up on it.

Pffft professionalism. Nah I totally understand, it'll be upped by someone fairly soon anyway. Aren't all review copies watermarked to be traceable back to you?

Yeah, the album's a grower alright. It really does sound like a mix of the four dudes, but after about five listens it's starting to gel together where you're like, fuck, that's pretty much Melvins sparse rolling drum structures, an Om bass riff and vocal melody and then some leads and chords typical of Neurosis followed by a Weinrich solo. Strangely what I'm least convinced about at this stage are the Kelly vocals. But altogether it's sounding very decent and I've a feeling that it could be something that gets even better with time, even more so on subsequent releases. Interesting at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back