Should Liverpool cash in on Torres? (1 Viewer)

maims bond

• They can get a fortune from Man City for him
  • He's injured half the time
  • They could buy 3-4 top quality players with the funds
  • His hair is hit
Discuss.

I'd say most pool fans are dead against this but I think it makes good sense for where Liverpool are at the moment. For example, they could prise Stephen Ireland away as part of a deal for next to nothing. There's one decent midfielder already. The problem with selling him is that they might find it difficult to attract new players due to the perception of them as a sinking ship.

Torres out, Daddy Dick and a large sum of money in would be extremely good business. Good for the team too if the large sum of money is spent on players.

• They can get a fortune from Man City for him 60m max I'd say but I don't think he'd go to city
  • He's injured half the time Fair point
  • They could buy 3-4 top quality players with the funds We'd need two top quality strikers to replace him as they'd probably be in the quality bracket below Torres, that would take up most of the 60m
  • His hair is hit How dare you!
Discuss.

All that said if he really wants to go there's little point in hanging on to him. I think in his heart he wants to stay but he's very worried about the future of the club as we all are. It's pretty obvious he was promised investment when he signed his contract and I guess it's a case of once bitten twice shy. I still reckon he'll give us one more year.

I wonder if he'll play out of his skin in order to entice City into coughing up what ever ridiculous valuation Liverpool put on him. Like Alonso did.

Bleed Black is probably right. 60 mil would just replace Torres it would take an additional 25 mil to finally get Alonso properly replaced and fill in gaps in the defense. Maybe get those two Uruguayan lads when Masch goes too. Daddy Dick would slot in nicely though. As would Wayne Bridge as part of a Torres deal. Which brings me to your center halves Carragher is just too old and slow now, Agger is made of glass and there's a shortage of decent ones available.

Am I missing something here? Does ANYONE still believe that footballers like Torres have it 'in their heart' when they come over from Spain or wherever to play for some club in the Premiership like? Fuck sake. More like "In his wallet, he wants to stay"

Am I missing something here? Does ANYONE still believe that footballers like Torres have it 'in their heart' when they come over from Spain or wherever to play for some club in the Premiership like? Fuck sake. More like "In his wallet, he wants to stay"

That probably describes a lot of top players but there are some that are intelligent enough to realise they will be minted for life regardless of which big club they play for so they make their decisions based on other factors such as, shock horror, footballing reasons. Just remember Torres is the man who turned down numerous better financial offers to go to Liverpool in the first place

Not sure I totally agree with this theory despite it being my own, but, perhaps some footballers understand what it means to leave one club for a bitter rival. In Torres case being a born and bred Athletico man pretty much writes off moving to Real or Barca and joining Liverpool writes off moving directly to Manchester. Which only realistically leaves Chelsea who don't seem that bothered.

Again I don't totally believe this but hey I thought i'd float it out there anyway.

Not sure I totally agree with this theory despite it being my own, but, perhaps some footballers understand what it means to leave one club for a bitter rival. In Torres case being a born and bred Athletico man pretty much writes off moving to Real or Barca and joining Liverpool writes off moving directly to Manchester. Which only realistically leaves Chelsea who don't seem that bothered.

Again I don't totally believe this but hey I thought i'd float it out there anyway.

I wouldn't rule out barca especially if he decides to go back to spain before the twlight of his career. Looks like they can't afford him at the minute though.

Not the best source but I just spotted this article elsewhere http://tribalfootball.com/node/936371

The latest word is that Masch told Roy he wants out, I think that pretty much seals a £20-25 mill move to Inter. That could be a deciding factor in Torres wanting to leave but I have a suspicion he will stay. Also, Man City are supposed to be close to signing Ballotelli so perhaps that will end their interest in Torres? All very exciting anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back