Shock! Horror! Beats! Fizzes! Riffs! (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Right, so welcome to my new thread. This thread is, like Tom's thread from last week, for the chatting and the talking about the music, but also providing links to mp3s and stuff.

And anyway, those filesharing sites require installing stuff, and my technical wizardry stretches just about far enough to download an mp3.

I'll start with one I'm sure everyone has heard, since it's on the front page of Epitonic:

http://www.epitonic.com/artists/danielsonfamile.html

jane said:
Right, so welcome to my new thread. This thread is, like Tom's thread from last week, for the chatting and the talking about the music, but also providing links to mp3s and stuff.

And anyway, those filesharing sites require installing stuff, and my technical wizardry stretches just about far enough to download an mp3.

I'll start with one I'm sure everyone has heard, since it's on the front page of Epitonic:

big fan of epitonic eh? :)

Well, it was my post on the other thread that made me think to start this one. It's a great site, but I'm a little bored with it now...

I'm kind of bored with music in general at the moment, and I really don't want to be, so I'm hoping I can feed off of other people's enthusiasm.

jane said:
Well, it was my post on the other thread that made me think to start this one. It's a great site, but I'm a little bored with it now...

I'm kind of bored with music in general at the moment, and I really don't want to be, so I'm hoping I can feed off of other people's enthusiasm.

You need to go through a dedicated retro period where the only music you listen to/purchase/borrow/steal is stuff you loved when you were too young to vote/drink/etc... (legally that is). You find that after a few weeks of basking in this nostalgia music you begin to yearn for new stuff again, it's the cycle of appreciation.

jane said:

gah, know what you mean. im supposed to be studying, so i dont have time to go find links, but am currently listening to:
great lake swimmers : bodies & minds
microphones : glow part 2
mice parade : obrigado saudade
pretty girls make graves ; good health
jaga jazzist : magazine (there here 11th june i think too)

might be some listening in there for an intrepid unearther of....stuff!

Last ting I downloaded was a Dan Sartain vidyo from Swami (doesn't work in firefox, tut tut) to have an auld look at what he'll be like for t'auld hot snakes support.

I was rooting through my play orderlist this morning and the last few things I ordered were the penetrators, kissogram, antony and the johnsons, les georges leningrad, the knife, black eyes and some bukes (2 adrian moles, and a history of trainers).

or milky wimpshake.
jane said:
Oooh, excellent stuff. One of the best band names ever. Seems a toss-up between them and John Cougar Concentration Camp.

I'm listening to Comets on Fire 'Blue Cathedral' at the moment. It's like High Rise meets Mudhoney. Very heavy and psychedelic. It is exactly what I wanted to listen to. It fucking rocks.

Here's my free mp3 recommendation: High Rise

my band du jour are zom zoms. bit of a novelty outfit but synthy fun for all the family.

MP3

http://www.tubezomzoms.com/

zzstandlittle.jpg

deadly. My cupan tae o'toole also. Someone tell me about Blue Cheer, please. Their name crops up all the time.

boigaz said:
I'm listening to Comets on Fire 'Blue Cathedral' at the moment. It's like High Rise meets Mudhoney. Very heavy and psychedelic. It is exactly what I wanted to listen to. It fucking rocks.

Here's my free mp3 recommendation: High Rise

jane said:

Have his Fetch the Compass Kids album & some other one I can't quite remember. Deadly guy, I reckon it's a love it or hate it kind of situation. Think he played London earlier this year.

Do you think your average Chinaman is sitting around listening to "music"? He is not. He is too busy building the most strongest economy in the world!

The Great Wall was not built on yer "electronica" and yer "indie", but on bricks and mortar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back