Shock & Candy: Mars On Mars (Lithops, Von Sudenfeld) (1 Viewer)

Shock

Website
www.stateofshock.net
Mouse-On-Mars-Forum-Header-1.jpg

Shock & CandyCollective...
Mouse On Mars Live (Lithops/Von Südenfed)
Support from Shock & Candy DJs
Button Factory, Friday 25 April 2008. 11pm
Click here to view our Facebook Event

A special event for Shock's first show in The Button Factory, as following 2007's excursion with Mark E Smith as Von Südenfed, Mouse on Mars return to their roots in their first Dublin show in over four years.

Mouse On Mars create densely layered tracks with the intended results being grounded in electronic experimentation and an almost pop like sensibility. Designed to yield more with repeated listens, songs are minutely detailed.

A series of 10 albums and numerous remixes has come off as primarily intent on dashing expectations, from the ambient-idm ectoplasms like Vulvaland and the more structured Iaora Tahiti; to the flighty and funny electronics, spluttering horns and acoustic-guitar samples the more organic Niun Niggung; to the forest of sonic porcupine quills that is Idiology.

Andi Toma and Jan St. Werner have been more than busy in the intervening years between albums. As well as the release of their live record, Live04, on their own label Sonig, and a constant barrage of touring, Toma and Werner collaborated Mark E. Smith of The Fall as Von Südenfed. The trio gained worldwide success with their debut album Tromatic Reflexxions. The M.O.M members produce independently for the Sonig label. St. Werner acted as the artistic director of the Amsterdam Institute for Electronic Music, STEIM and has also worked on two solo records under the Lithops moniker.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Doors 11pm. Advance tickets from Ticketmaster, City Discs & Road Records
Click here to join our mailing list to get news, ticket giveaways & pics

I've got a free ticket to this available to whoever wants it. Can't go due to the changed time and an exam tomorrow! It's to be collected at the box office, but I'm sure if I give my name and address you can collect? PM if you're interested.

i know they won't be as good as von sudenfed were last year

They were great.

But not as good back in the TBMC a few years ago.I miss the drummer :(

Shouts to Neilo and Paul.Good to catch up!

K

tch, they weren't great at all were they? Not awful or anything but it never really got going i reckon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back