Shelf Classics (1 Viewer)

I bought this last year.
48eade52b410d

So far I've only listened to a few tracks on disc 1

Also, I've never listened to disc 3 of 69 Love Songs, even though I absolutely love disc 1. Disc 2 has only been on twice I think.
I also bought that Pet Sounds Sessions boxset for €20 in a sale. Worst €20 ever spent, it's still in the cellophane five years later.

Buke: Death In The Afternoon by Hemmingway - I went on an Ernie trip there a while ago but I think I've read enough now. After about two chapters he says something like "You should now go a bullfight. The rest of this book will be meaningless to you unless you do." Ok...;
Movie: The Searchers - meh;
Music: (I have to listen to everything aka Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour).

me too, can't fuckin wait. the other two are pretty much my favourite books of the last 10 years.

have you ever read 'My Dark Places'? genuinely unsettling, especially his addiction and recovery years.
yeah he was proper batshit. it's been a few years since i read it but i recall he got up to some weird shit like distributing facist literature, stalking women, sleeping on golf courses, house breaking and the like. i remember the second half of the book being a bit dull

i went through a phase of reading nothing but james ellroy (after a long phase of reading nothing but crime novels in general) for a while and it put me off it a bit. i will now pick it up after i finish what i am reading currently. havent read my dark places or american tabloid.

added to shopping list.

la confidential/black dahlia two of my favourite books ever.

have been reading nothing but history books for ages

Books: millions, I'm easily distracted. Roger Penrose is definitely up there as one that I'll never pick up again. Nearly any biography I've tried, just can't get into them. Oscar Wilde and the elephant man both failed to get me past the first chapter.
Films: none, I get through everything at least once.
Music: Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime, bought it after reading Our Band Could Be Your Life one too many times and just have no interest.

Music: Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime, bought it after reading Our Band Could Be Your Life one too many times and just have no interest.

its no good anyway. i dont think i have any cds i havent listened to yet except for a todd rundgren one i bought yesterday which i'll probably listen to tomorrow.

countless books unread but i do plan to read them all someday.

Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Don Quixote
V - Thomas Pynchon
The Glass Bead Game - Herman Hesse
Quicksilver - Neal Stephenson

I blame the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back