sex pistols (3 Viewers)

?!?!?! What the fuck? The Sex Pistols are to punk what jesus is to Christians, or Muhamid is to Muslims, or whatever is to whatever....
sex pistols are to punk what jesus is to islam - an embarrassing outdated footnote that expanded way beyond its significance.

Not sure,but Sid Vicious is definitely playing bass.
who cares about sid vicious, he had nothing at all to do with the entire popular appeal of the band. give me that guy that looks like a really old deko-weeler hybrid and those other lads any day.

Same here. Glad they did though, the finsbury park gig that were on the radio was pretty dodge, though the later one on telly from the Phoenix festival was pretty good.

i saw a video of the sex pistols playing in 2004.

yucky yuck yuck

really like...

You have a point there. I love them, however I can imagine seeing them back in 76' in the roxy supported by The Clash and The Damned, will be a far cry from seeing them in a field in Offally in 2008! However, even if there're one-tenth of what I imagine those gigs were like back in the day, then it'll be worth it.

sex pistols are to punk what jesus is to islam - an embarrassing outdated footnote that expanded way beyond its significance.

Are you not over-stating it there a tad.
For right or for wrong it's often quoted 'Never Mind the Bollocks' is up there with other albums that supposingly defines a generation - 'Sergeant Piper Lonely Hearts' in the 60's, 'Appetite for Destruction' in the late 80's/90's, and 'Nevermind' in the 90's.

Anyway, I'm off to listen to Pretty Vancant:D

For right or for wrong it's often quoted 'Never Mind the Bollocks' is up there with other albums that supposingly defines a generation - 'Sergeant Piper Lonely Hearts' in the 60's, 'Appetite for Destruction' in the late 80's/90's, and 'Nevermind' in the 90's.

Anyway, I'm off to listen to Pretty Vancant:D
nah i think my statement was right on the money (if factually incorrect. but i've always hated to let fact get in the way of a funny statement). twas sergeant pepper, by the way.

For right or for wrong it's often quoted 'Never Mind the Bollocks' up there with other albums that supposingly defines a generation
yeah like christianity has defined nations, who also all enthusiastically missed the point.

i can't hear it, i've already got the Classic Rock station turned up to 11. i think i've gave away my sex pistols records to my 10 year old neighbour who wants to know where the designs for her topshop tights came from, anyway.

i can't hear it, i've already got the Classic Rock station turned up to 11. i think i've gave away my sex pistols records to my 10 year old neighbour who wants to know where the designs for her topshop tights came from, anyway.

...ahhh jaysus, don't be like that. We're all buddies here...the common love of punk bonds us together as brothers, etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back