Setting up yr own label question (1 Viewer)

I just looked at the PPI registration form there.. Do you need to have a registered company for it?

PPI ? Registering? Whats it all about!?
I registered for a paypal account and a website - look at me now!!Muwwwaaaaahhahhaaaaha*

*evil yet joyous laughter...

This setting up yer own label thread has me confused to hell anyway.

i think most duplication companies nowadays include barcode generation in their price quote.

For digital downloads, you need to have ISRC codes for each individual track
http://www.ifpi.org/content/section_resources/isrc.html (Read here for more info)

You can get these codes off the PPI, and you do not need to register to get the codes

And yes, you have to be a registered company to register with PPI

How do they actually track digital downloads for chart purposes though? I mean, if you are selling the downloads directly from your band/label site, how do the chart people know how many you have sold?

what pantone said -same as chart-tracking with some of the smaller independent stores i'd imagine. also, if you sell albums through your own site,then they aren't eligible for charting

There are a lot of questions on the ppi forms about company details etc....
hmmm...interesting...maybe I should just ask them straight up

you only need a barcode if you want you record regestered in the charts/monitor sales etc. look at most of the local releases in your collection from Julius Geezer, scientific Labretories, little plastic tapes, mango music et al. do any of them have or need a barcode?

Well said Gummo, well fuckin said man.

Well said Gummo, well fuckin said man.

Yeah but he said that about 4 or 5 years ago .. things are different now. Just get a barcode off someone ....

There are a lot of questions on the ppi forms about company details etc....
hmmm...interesting...maybe I should just ask them straight up

Actually I have been thinking about this and yeah, I think you do need a company or registered business or something. Maybe not to get signed up but they are not going to make cheques out to individuals .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back