Setting on a Goth/Electro night in Cork (1 Viewer)

If you go the cd route you'll need some sort of DJ dual cd thing. Otherwise there will be big pauses as you take out one cd and put in another. There will be loads of these going secondhand on adverts.ie.
Yeah, didn't think of that. That could be a bollocks, not easy to do with a laptop.

If you are going to use MP3s get high quality ones, alot of the MP3s on file sharing sites are not fit for public consumption. I'm not sure myself what minimum quality you would need. Probably easily found out with a google search.
I was considering ripping stuff off CD, though that could be time consuming and a lot of my CDs are quite scratched.

You don't need any fancy sound cards, the headphone output from your laptop to the PA desk will be fine. But do have a back up device. I used to be in a wedding band and what we would use for the disco after was a laptop, 2nd laptop or iPod as backup and a lorry load of MP3s.
Yeah, I'll have an mp3 player as backup.

I'll definitely have to normalise stuff, however that only tends to compensate(I think) for peak gain, not sustained, so highly compressed stuff could stuff blow people's ears off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back