Serious bassist looking to join or start serious indie/rock/slow-build band (1 Viewer)

Expect_Delay

Serious, committed Bass player in Dublin city centre looking to join/start a band. I’ve posted ads several times and been disappointed several times with replies I’ve gotten so allow me to be clear, NO time wasters! No covers bands, no wedding bands, and no metal or funk bands! What I want to do is slow-building indie rock with a vein in common with the likes of Mogwai, Pink Floyd etc. Something melodic that builds and builds, louder and louder but maintains its integrity with some good synth/sample work thrown in for good measure. Also influenced by Manic Street Preachers, Suede, Muse, Mercury Rev, Flaming Lips and many more… Vast array of interests but those are the most significant in terms of influencing how I play.

So, what I’m looking for, first and foremost, is people who know what they’re doing, know how to do it and get on with it. Preferences would be culturally conscious individuals with influences beyond the boundaries of music (perhaps a movie you saw or book you read prompted you onto an artistic path?) and a love of making good music just for the sake of giving something back to the industry that has been so kind to us. Ideally, smart stage dress and tightly marshalled performances to maximise the enjoyment of all involved.

Some might say I’m being picky but I want to be clear about what I’m looking for to avoid repeat performances… If you have a gripe with me being picky please pm it to me and we can talk rather than soiling my lovely shiny new thread like what happened last time when i had the cheek to be specific! Thanks! Looking forward to any replies.
Take care, all!

How are ya? My band is looking for a new bassist at the moment. We have a manager, some media interest, and will be self-releasing a single before christmas. I'm not looking for someone to compose with, however the whole band does of course help with arrangements during rehearsals. We do play a few (and I mean about 5) covers in our set but they are being phased out as we get more originals.

Our influences come from the likes of Manu Chao, PJ Harvey, Sublime, Primal Scream, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, gypsy music, all sorts of latin music from reggae through salsa, etc. Visually we've got a definite cabaret influence from Suede, the Manics, Dita Von teese, Goldfrapp, Gwen Stefani, stuff like that.

We're not looking for anyone pretentious, snobby, or supremely high-brow, just someone who is serious, open-minded, good-humoured, and dependable. We live to gig and I need someone who will give me their time when they say they will.

interested? website is http://listen.to/thesensors

Ideally, smart stage dress and tightly marshalled performances to maximise the enjoyment of all involved.

are you for real? I like the idea of the music you're talking about, but your notions of how a band should be remind me of the fucking nazis.

tightly marshalled! fucksake.

Ideally, smart stage dress and tightly marshalled performances to maximise the enjoyment of all involved.

Amazing!

I know I enjoy my creative endeavours much better when I'm slapped into a 'smart' uniform and being 'tightly marshalled'.

TorquensteinArmor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back