[Sep 2, 2016] Electric Picnic (Stradbally) (1 Viewer)

Electric Picnic
Posted by pete
The Electric Picnic
Friday, September 2, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Sunday, September 4, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Rock festivals, where girls get the opportunity to dress up like 60s festival goers for some reason, not any other era, just 60s.

Thanks! Never heard of this. What a weird website..it's like a foreign language..I've never seen anything like it
yeah, takes a bit of getting used to. Just start highlighting shit you're semi-interested in and disregard everything else. Then you can whittle that list.

I planned my whole EP in 5 minutes yesterday. But that was helped hugely by the massive amount of shite on the lineup.

so yesterday I went to see an interview with Martin Fry in the Hot Press tent. Then an interview with Nick Kelly in the newstalk tent. Then ABC on the main stage who were good fun. Then Broken Social Scene who did a 'greatest hits' set, which was very good. Then I saw some of Off the Ball in the newstalk tent, a discussion about mental health in some other tent in the Mindfield area. Then went to see Todd Terje who just stood there doing nothing, as far as I could tell. The sounds were good though so it wasn't too bad. I tried to nip across to the RTE concert orchestra doing 90s dance classics but it was wedged and I couldn't get near the place. Then Super Furry animals who, again, did a 'greatest hits' set. Very good, but their crowd banter is still dreadful.

All in all, not too bad. Heading back down in a few hours. That'll be it though. No sunday for me this year. It was lovely weather there yesterday. The place will be in absolute shite today with the rain thats falling now.

saw a little bit of the RTE coverage. second rate.

I wouldn't be in to them having tv cameras in the little tents at all now. poor bastards on film dancing during the rusangano family.

I was in the artists area near there and went down for a can and a look at one point. We were joking that those people should be given asylum status.

I feel better about my completely awful sense of humour when this charity lad agrees it was rank.

Thought the lineup was weaker than last time I went. Thought the bands got treated a bit shitter too in terms of parking and confiscation of booze.

Loved LCDC. Some amazing singer lad at other voices, too many tents with people standing at laptops with lightshows.

my highlights overall were Girls Names, (their early set - the main reason I went), and the last 40 mins of the Lightening Seeds (serious nostalgia buzz).

I saw fuck all else on saturday. Caught No Monster Club which was ridiculously good fun, some of Glass Animals (still incredibly dull live), and I tried John Talabot, who I like, but who was awful beyond words. I popped over to catch some of The Shins, who were dreadful. At that point it was raining out, it was miserable, I was a bit sick, so I thought, fuck it, and went home. That was about 11pm so I didn't catch any of LCD Soundsystem. I'll get over it.

Edit: Oh, and I took a punt on a band called Ocho on the body and soul main stage. They weren't half bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back