Sebadoh Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

I missed 4.
Rock Garden (ignorant), That Whelan's one as a two piece (sick), Dinosaur Jr in the Acamedy (stupidness) and Dinosaur Jr at Electric Picnic (Friday EP difficulties).

Best ones: The above Mean Fiddler gig, The New Folk Implosion in TBMC.

ah... missed D jr at EP, but that doesn't count really as it was a festival & not their own gig.
Not a fan of festivals. Standing in a field or tent with the spill from the "rave" stage is no way to enjoy live music.

We were in the Science Gallery and they were playing Snow Patrol on the stereo. I went through about 5 songs liking them before I realised. I've also confessed to liking their recent poppy single. Am I being tricked?

I was at the Rock Garden gig too. A few of us got talking to (/surrounding/shouting at) Lou beforehand and he put all of us down on the guestlist. I had a ticket but didn't want to ruin the fanboy moment for myself. Sunbear supported them, it was a really great gig.

He did the Lou Rap for me and my then wan at the side of the stage after the show - Later I found myself squeesed into that pathetic excuse for a backstage area the Rock Garden had drunkanly getting my The Freed Man tape autographed.
Still have it.
Jason "hilariously" signed it Jason O'Lowenstein cos he was in Ireland.
'94 I think.

Coincidentally a package arrived today:
lou.jpg

Here's my two Sebadoh related experiences well one Sebadoh and one Dinosaur Jr.

Went to see Dino jr in the Ambassodor while on mushrooms.

Highlights

- Trying to keep it together at the door presuming that the bouncers would kick us out at any point.
- Trying to keep it together at the bar only to be told that there was no beer, much hilarity insued
- Walking for miles and standing around waiting for what felt like a lifetime only to realise we had walked 15 feet and been there 4 minutes
- J Mascis looked like an indian shamen and I couldn't stop laughing at him.

Lowlights

The sound was muck and I was bored for most of it, even on mushrooms (or perhaps because of mushrooms) I thought it was boring. Left early took 3 hours to walk home to Ranelagh.

Sebadoh in Whelans was good but not life changing, no one looked like a shamen and mushrooms were illegal. got pissed went home.

Still love Sebadoh though.

snow patrol definitely supported at one of those mean fiddler gigs

Saw them in Galway and Dublin the last time they played. Two sets could have been completely different bands. Such a different vibe sound both nights.

Here's my two Sebadoh related experiences well one Sebadoh and one Dinosaur Jr.

Went to see Dino jr in the Ambassodor while on mushrooms.

Highlights

- Trying to keep it together at the door presuming that the bouncers would kick us out at any point.
- Trying to keep it together at the bar only to be told that there was no beer, much hilarity insued
- Walking for miles and standing around waiting for what felt like a lifetime only to realise we had walked 15 feet and been there 4 minutes
- J Mascis looked like an indian shamen and I couldn't stop laughing at him.

Lowlights

The sound was muck and I was bored for most of it, even on mushrooms (or perhaps because of mushrooms) I thought it was boring. Left early took 3 hours to walk home to Ranelagh.

Sebadoh in Whelans was good but not life changing, no one looked like a shamen and mushrooms were illegal. got pissed went home.

Still love Sebadoh though.

What age were you? 13?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back