Scottish Independence (2 Viewers)

I'm not bald jones. You might like me if you met me

Sylvester-Stallone-20998.jpg

You don't consider the possibility that some might identify primarily as British rather than Scottish?
I would say that is an extremely small number of people. Even up north the most staunch unionists would consider themselves Irish first, British second.

I wouldn't say the full 55% was fear, but it was fear that swung it, without a doubt.

I would say that is an extremely small number of people. Even up north the most staunch unionists would consider themselves Irish first, British second.

I wouldn't say the full 55% was fear, but it was fear that swung it, without a doubt.

I was talking to someone on FB about the idea of indentity earlier, she's from Cornwall and said that she would never describe herself as English, but British instead. It's a sentiment I've heard before from people from Sunderland and Yorkshire. I wonder if it's a common thing as you move away from London/the home counties.

I was talking to someone on FB about the idea of indentity earlier, she's from Cornwall and said that she would never describe herself as English, but British instead. It's a sentiment I've heard before from people from Sunderland and Yorkshire. I wonder if it's a common thing as you move away from London/the home counties.
My friend from Newcastle doesn't consider himself English

and ironically for all the dismissive talk of 'nationalism' directed at the pro-independence side, all that the no campaign had to offer apart from scaremongering was 'rah rah rah great to be british' nationalist bluster

and ironically for all the dismissive talk of 'nationalism' directed at the pro-independence side, all that the no campaign had to offer apart from scaremongering was 'rah rah rah great to be british' nationalist bluster

Yeah, they did get a bit misty-eyed at the end.

"You'll be fucked if you leave and we won't take you back" clearly wasn't going to work.

No that's not nationalism: The United Kingdom is a unique family of nations. In every way imaginable, it pointed the way to crap-at-directions Johnny Come Latelys like the UN and the EU.

Was being sarcastic. Maybe unique family of nations was only used to sway Scottish people who were on holidays in Ireland during the campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back