scariest screen monster. (1 Viewer)

rampz

1979_salems_lot.jpg

i think barlow from the original tobe hooper salems lot. this dude still gives me nightmares.

ramps said:
i think barlow from the original tobe hooper salems lot. this dude still gives me nightmares.

good choice man! a friend of mine didn't sleep for a week after watching that when we were kids..
the Cenobites from Hellraiser were pretty scary..was one of those films that i had to watch in installments as a kid..it had a certain amount of realism to it.. like i remember being on holidays and finding a replica lament configuration box in a shop and being kind of spooked out by it

not so much a monster but he had me checking under my bed for many moons as a child: the Shadow Man as seem on Tales from the Darkside. Or the twilight zone - some show that a child with a vivid imagination should not have been allowed to watch.

and also I was terrified beyond belief of the Headless Horseman for a time. And of vampires, and nuclear weapons. And Triffids.

edit: and the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz. as soon as dorothy entered the poppy field I had to be removed from the room.

Jaws gave me my first nightmare.
Saw it when I was about 5, I think.
We used to live at the foot of this valley in Wicklow, and in my dream I woke up to feel the house shaking, got up and went to look out the window.

I could see the sea rushing up through the valley and soon our house was underwater.

There, in the distance, appeared Jaws.....

george mcfly said:
i wasn't too fond of wurzel gummage as a kid. and rent a ghost

You were a bit of a wussy kid then, yeah? ;)

I saw Wurzel Gummidge live. Such the fan I was.

Catwoman said:
You were a bit of a wussy kid then, yeah? ;)

I saw Wurzel Gummidge live. Such the fan I was.

it was when he screamed and fell over at the end of each episode. i couldnt handle that.. come on lads, i was 5!

These geezers freaked me out when I was a kid:
200px-Newcyberman.jpg

Way scarier than Daleks !ninjaaaa

george mcfly said:
it was when he screamed and fell over at the end of each episode. i couldnt handle that.. come on lads, i was 5!

This, this is what scared me at the age of 5. Much scarier than any old scarecrow!

cast.jpg

that headless statue of jesus or mary (or whatever it was) that ran across the hallway with the big clippers thing in exorcist III scared the shite out of me. i saw it when i was about 15 and its the only film that had me a bit scared of the dark at night, especially that horrid statue.

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back