sauna behaviour (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i just had a bit of an odd experience at the gym - went to use the sauna after my shower and there was a woman of about 50 years of age in there taking up most of the bench in a position similar to a woman giving birth. i could see everything.

i know it's relatively normal to take your towel off in the sauna, i dont have a problem with that.

but adopting that kind of position??? as i turned to leave i noticed she then raised both legs in the air too.

needless to say i skipped that part, got changed and left.

:confused:

sauna behaviour is meant to be very different on the continent. In my gym there are sauna's in the mens and women's changing rooms. Anything goes in them and I'd tend to avoid them cos I don't like sitting in a room with naked, fat people. Then theres the communal one out by the pool where people tend to have some level of clothing on, but its still full of fat people. I would it that on occasion, but not often cos sauna's make me light-headed.

On the continent (don't ya hate that term!!), from what I've heard, sauna's tend to be only unisex, and for fit people who get very naked in them.

Or maybe I just dreamt that.

i drew a quick example in paint but please excuse my limited skillz

sauna.jpg

but in real life her legs were pulled back further and wider

ughguhghghugughghgugugh

for teh record, i enjoy chilling out in a sauna, it's very relaxing and the smell of warm wood is nice. but this - this does not for a relaxing break in a sauna make.

Do you have lots of proper saunas (with the possibility of throwing the water on the stones like) out there?
I only get to go to one when I visit home.

Do you have lots of proper saunas (with the possibility of throwing the water on the stones like) out there?
I only get to go to one when I visit home.

hmmmm. well there's one at the gym I use and I'm pretty sure that chain would have one in each branch, as well as other gym chains. i dont know about places with just a sauna though. when im loaded* i'm gonna build one in my gaff

*im alllowed dream

hmmmm. well there's one at the gym I use and I'm pretty sure that chain would have one in each branch, as well as other gym chains. i dont know about places with just a sauna though. when im loaded* i'm gonna build one in my gaff

*im alllowed dream

Alright yeah. They have a sauna in a hostel in Cork. But proper saunas heated with wood are really rare in public use even in finland. There's one in Helsinki that has literally tons of stones inside, is warmed with 5 feet logs and the water isn't thrown, you ask the people in the sauna when you go in/out and turn the big watertap. You can throw your beers in the freezer, buy those bunches of birch branches to hityourself with, hang outside in the street cooling off. Pensioners were playing chess in the dressing room drinking vodka and in the showers they had a 70 year old lady washing the old peoples backs.

Best sauna ever.

Alright yeah. They have a sauna in a hostel in Cork. But proper saunas heated with wood are really rare in public use even in finland. There's one in Helsinki that has literally tons of stones inside, is warmed with 5 feet logs and the water isn't thrown, you ask the people in the sauna when you go in/out and turn the big watertap. You can throw your beers in the freezer, buy those bunches of birch branches to hityourself with, hang outside in the street cooling off. Pensioners were playing chess in the dressing room drinking vodka and in the showers they had a 70 year old lady washing the old peoples backs.

Best sauna ever.

that sounds cooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saunas?!?! saunas?!?!

it was far from saunas you were all raised, David McWilliams must be having a field day....

ah go fiddle with your push-up bra :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back