Sam Cooke Fucking Rules. (2 Viewers)

Lets hear it for The Cowboy.

In other related news, i went looking for sam cooke at the apollo, but ended up coming home with sam cooke at the copa-cabana.

It's awful. The Big Band that the copa had backing him sucks the soul out of every song much like a hungry satan does with the huddled and newly-dead masses.

Cant find the appollo stuff anywhere. Serves me right probably.

Its not called live at the apollo. Sam Cooke live at the Harlem Square club is what you're after.

I made this:
redneck%20bass%20boat.jpg

Thanks dave.
Missed you this weekend buddy/pal.

My favourite movie when I was a kid was Innerspace which I have watched about a gazillion times and it was only a few years ago that I realised the two reasons for this were:
Sam Cooke - Cupid
Sam Cooke - Twistin The Night Away

I love Sam Cooke. A Change Is Gonna Come is an achingly beautiful song. His autobiography Dream Boogie is great (although colossal); he was a total fink when it came to the laydeez.

The Man Who Invented Soul has 93 songs and it's amazing. Listening to it in work at the minute.

that's really weird...been meaning to put up a thread about sam cooke during the week but got distracted! when I worked in a record store last year we would put on Cooke at nighttime, it was so nice and made the store have such a great vibe. My boyfriend got me a best of compilation a few weeks ago so I'd been listening to it in work every day (I worked in retail and we could pick our own music, he was on with Otis Redding, Calexico & Iron and Wine, the Jayhawks and Nick Drake..) and was meaning to ask on here what Sam Cooke albums people would recommend?

80s hit makers Womack & Womack are husband and wife Cecil and Linda- Cecil is Bobby Womack's brother and Linda is Sam Cooke's daughter! Ha! Only found out about the Sam Cooke connection recently! Apparently they made an album of unfinished Sam Cooke songs which they completed themselves (albeit in a rubbish Womack & Womack style).

Just in case anyone has forgotten, Sam Cooke does fucking rule. I've been listening to him all weekend.
I :heart: him with all my :heart:.

Just for you, just for you, just for you, my love
oh for you, just for you, my love
yes my dear, I finally realize
I finally realize that it's just for you

It’s a shame he never got a title like Elvis or James Brown, the king of this...the godfather of that etc.

The Apostle of Gospel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back