Sage Francis.... did i miss a good 'un? (1 Viewer)

It was such a great show...
Unfortunate that the C4o couldn't make it but Spectac's set was the best I've seen yet.

Sage Francis was unreal...so very wise. He opened with a Dead Kennedy's track while he got himself ready to roll!
I'm not that familiar with any of his new stuff so it was an eye- opener. Very successful in that I'm going to spend my dole on the new Sage Francis record on Thursday.
It's great to get to a good hip- hop gig in Dublin coz there are so few

It was a great gig, missed spectac. RJD2 mr lif and el-p(def jux night), and blackalicious were all good hip-hop gigs this year but sage francis were the bestest

Originally posted by Ed
It was a great gig, missed spectac, rjd2,mr lif and el-p, and blackalicious were all good hip-hop gigs this year ut sage francis were the bestest

Yeah that Def. Jux night was really good, but I felt quite sorry for el-P when he almost swallowed his foot..
"Dublin is definitely the best city in the UK...", did not go down well at all.:eek:

yeah, i was just praying for him to shut up and get on with the show but he kept digging himself into a deeper hole. really looking forward to kool keith in january

Aye. Was deadly. The track at the start was Shut Up, Be Happy by Biafra off an Ice T album. The one before OG.

Unfortunately there were a load of scumbags there. As we left, two of them legged back in. Came running out with stanley knives in hands a few seconds later having slashed some guy's ear and eyebrow open. They jumped into a taxi and pulled around the corner just as the bloke who was covered in blood and his mates caught up with the car.

Originally posted by old
Aye. Was deadly. The track at the start was Shut Up, Be Happy by Biafra off an Ice T album. The one before OG.

Unfortunately there were a load of scumbags there. As we left, two of them legged back in. Came running out with stanley knives in hands a few seconds later having slashed some guy's ear and eyebrow open. They jumped into a taxi and pulled around the corner just as the bloke who was covered in blood and his mates caught up with the car.

There was an awful lot of folks there who looked out of place, me included, i'm now glad i ran off as soon as the gig ended

Originally posted by Ed
There was an awful lot of folks there who looked out of place, me included, i'm now glad i ran off as soon as the gig ended

how do you mean? was it full of total scobes or one set of scobes in amongst a million uh 'normal gig people'? this is the same sage francis, right? 35 year old beardo man baby who still raps about his parents breaking up? weird.
shame i couldn't get home for it.

kool keith was supposidly arrested for stealing all the money from a show in san fransisco last week..but it might all just be a lie. i'll be amazed if he actually makes it over. 'flakier than breakfast cereal'.

there was something on the anticon page about sole touring with dalek in the uk...it's not there anymore. hmmm. anyone heard anything like that?

andy

Originally posted by Ed
yeah, i was just praying for him to shut up and get on with the show but he kept digging himself into a deeper hole. really looking forward to kool keith in january

Did I hear KRS-1's supposed to be over aswell... or is he dead/too old*?

Kool Keith has potential to be one of the most hilarious gigs ever.

*there's no such thing, I suppose,.... if Nina Simone or the Cardiacs are anything to go by.

Originally posted by old

Yeah, two of my mates got ferocious hassle from two guys....they were chucking lit cigarette butts at us. My friends (1 of whom was the support) ended up having to leave the venue because the dudes were getting so intense. It may have been the same people you mention but I know that there were a couple of different groups of blokes acting tres sketchy that night. Not something I normally experience in Whelan's

There just seemed to be a fair amount of folks who had just wandered in off the street for no apparant reason, the vast majority of folks there were hip-hop fans but there were a few folks there who just didn't seem to know what was going on, especially the muppet who started heckling as soon as sage francis came on(he shut up very quickly thankfully).
There hasn't been a kool keith date confirmed so i'm not getting my hopes up, not heard anything about krs-1 coming over, there's more chance of it being a rumour than fact unfortunately.

It says it was ? 42 and Whelan's. The geezer under the moniker Ed seems to be involved.

Fantastic name that... HarpoonFace. I'm going to call one of my sons that when they become a man.

Originally posted by billygannon
It says it was ? 42 and Whelan's. The geezer under the moniker Ed seems to be involved.

Fantastic name that... HarpoonFace. I'm going to call one of my sons that when they become a man.

It was nowt to do with me, it was messiah j from creative controle who put it on. I just posted it up here cuz he forgot to.

On another note, it looks like kool keith will be coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back