RPC Virus - question (1 Viewer)

pete said:
if it's updated

the windows XP one is, yes. if it's switched on.

Not deliberately. Crashes PC's by accident though.

It's spread over networks, not by email.

yes indeed.
is it true that it was written to target the Windows Update website? thought i read something like that in the paper today.

lmd64 said:
is it true that it was written to target the Windows Update website? thought i read something like that in the paper today.

yep
ideally if it had been written correctly the end user would never notice a thing - it would sit on your machine and spread to others on your network and then tomorrow boom! attack microsoft all without affecting your programs or files. but it was bad programming so causes machines to crash and loadsa other stuff.

hello

more virus news...

it saddens me to think that this needs to be said, but seeing as how we've blocked nearly 900 copies of this one virus since 5pm yesterday evening, and three out of every 5 emails received this morning are infected with it, I suppose it bears repeating - DON'T OPEN EMAIL ATTACHMENTS YOU'RE NOT EXPECTING.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100561.htm

lmd64 said:
zit true that winME is not affected by it?

Yeah, they felt sorry for ME users, reckoned it was so shit it was like the worst virus known to man.

Either that, or they didn't want to taint themselves by dealing with the OS at all...

let me get this straight..
i had the virus and it stopped me cutting and pasting and playing cd's,so i downloaded the service pack and then installed the blast worm patch.
everything's fine now,but is the original worm still on my computer,and if so,why should i give a fuck?
I've checked the processes that are running and msblast.exe isn't there.
i assume that i cannot be infected again seeing as i installed the patch,or is what conor said true,that the worm blocks the patch from installing and just makes it seem that everything is okay?

nine said:
let me get this straight..
i had the virus and it stopped me cutting and pasting and playing cd's,so i downloaded the service pack and then installed the blast worm patch.
everything's fine now,but is the original worm still on my computer,and if so,why should i give a fuck?
I've checked the processes that are running and msblast.exe isn't there.
i assume that i cannot be infected again seeing as i installed the patch,or is what conor said true,that the worm blocks the patch from installing and just makes it seem that everything is okay?

did you run Fix Blast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back