Roland VS 890 (1 Viewer)

flagman

Hi all,

A nerd type tech question for anyone who has/ had a Roland VS890.

Here we go,

I have used the Automix feature to put some fade downs on some songs we have recorded, however when I go to mixdown to two tracks(track bouncing thing) it all seems to go wrong and it won't record the automix settings. I've studied the manual and I can't see any procedure to follow to do this, it just states that the automix should be done during track bouncing.

Little help? :confused:

You've automix settings recorded, and they work fine on playback, but then when you try to bounce they no longer work, is that right?
Is the 890 an 8-track? You're not trying to bounce from all 8 tracks down to 2 other tracks are you?

Yeah on play back it's fine.

Just when I try and bounce it doesn't seem to have a step that says, if you have automix settings you should do this now etc. So I just switch on the Automix when it you're supposed to set the recording levels just before the actual recording step. What happens is it either records just silence or the levels go all weird at the marker for fade down.

It's an 8 track alright. What I'm trying to do now is just a simple 4 track song down to stereo left and right, pretty much by the book.

Hmmm I dunno, I've a 1680 and I never had any trouble with automix (though it's years since I used it)
Presumably you've all your tracks routed correctly ....
Maybe try putting the destination tracks on 'source' (the orange light) and listen and see if it works that way - you won't be recording but that way you can see if it's the recording or the bouncing that's causing the problem.

Here's another thing you might try - it's an extreme measure though. Get a phono cable and some phono-to-jack converter plugs, and connect your monitor outs to inputs 3 and 4, then assign inputs 3 and 4 to the tracks you want to record to and away you go (you'll need to have the volume right down on the tracks you're recording to or you'll get feeback)

It's not ideal cos you're converting to analog and then back to digital, you shouldn't really need to do this.

Oh, one other thing - check your operating system is up to date on the Roland site, it's a pretty simple matter to upgrade it if it's not

sometimes if u try the bounce from the start of the song it works as it gets confused reading the automation data sometimes. if havent had ur problem but have noticed it producing varying results from the smae automation

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back