Roland HD1 - anyone played one? (1 Viewer)

Wilbert

Website
www.gettaroom.com
RolandHD1.jpg

I'm very tempted. Expensive though. I can't play but want to learn and I don't have the room/understanding neighbours needed for a full size kit.

Anyone tried one?

hmm. he kind of slightly looks of like a younger nerdier version of henry rollins. with a wig.

if you have EUR700 and want to learn it looks ideal. that's thomann prices yeah? I've wanted a practice kit now for ages. I had a roland... can't remember... td6 I think, for a good while ages back. they're great for practicing. I could really use one again but I can't afford one right now. anyway, the mesh heads are great; realistic enough. I wouldn't be mad on the rubber toms but if you're beginning it doesn't matter really. and the snare is mesh, so that's useful for learning snare tricks, rudiments, grace notes and all that shit. are there a lot of kit sounds on it?

so if you got the money, go for it! bear in mind if you're playing it in a room with your headphones you'll drive everyone else in the room mad with your stick thwacking. but fuck them because you're playing the drums!!!

hmm. he kind of slightly looks of like a younger nerdier version of henry rollins. with a wig.

if you have EUR700 and want to learn it looks ideal. that's thomann prices yeah? I've wanted a practice kit now for ages. I had a roland... can't remember... td6 I think, for a good while ages back. they're great for practicing. I could really use one again but I can't afford one right now. anyway, the mesh heads are great; realistic enough. I wouldn't be mad on the rubber toms but if you're beginning it doesn't matter really. and the snare is mesh, so that's useful for learning snare tricks, rudiments, grace notes and all that shit. are there a lot of kit sounds on it?

so if you got the money, go for it! bear in mind if you're playing it in a room with your headphones you'll drive everyone else in the room mad with your stick thwacking. but fuck them because you're playing the drums!!!

I think I will. It'll be a few months before I can get it but it seems like the most compact kit you can get and space is definitely an issue.

The price on Thomann is not really much different from getting it in Waltons.

I decided to go for this set instead because I wanted a kit with a bass drum and pedal, rather than a trigger.

Ordered it on Wednesday evening, they shipped it on Thursday and I got it on Tuesday. Only got to set it up yesterday evening, but so far I'm really pleased with it. Feels and sounds a lot like the real thing (aside from the cymbals).

The only problem I have found with it so far is that the 801x Snare Stand doesn't hold the 10" Snare properly :rolleyes: It sits on it fairly steadily though... if it looks like a problem or is annoying me I might have to buy a stand that will hold a 10".

I decided to go for this set instead because I wanted a kit with a bass drum and pedal, rather than a trigger.

Ordered it on Wednesday evening, they shipped it on Thursday and I got it on Tuesday. Only got to set it up yesterday evening, but so far I'm really pleased with it. Feels and sounds a lot like the real thing (aside from the cymbals).

The only problem I have found with it so far is that the 801x Snare Stand doesn't hold the 10" Snare properly :rolleyes: It sits on it fairly steadily though... if it looks like a problem or is annoying me I might have to buy a stand that will hold a 10".

I did consider that kit but purely down to space I think I'm going to go with the Roland. Might be able to get it in about 2 weeks.

Well, the HD1 is now in my living room. It's deadly. I can't play more than a very basic 4/4 but I'll get stuck in over the coming weeks and months.

Any recommendations for getting started? Any tips etc?

So how big is it in realistic terms?

loads of practice. experiment. have a look around youtube for videos on things like good stick technique and all sorts of other stuff. and enjoy yourself! drums are the most fun ever.

I can't practice much at the moment where I live so I'm learning the shit out of the piano at the moment instead. something I've been putting off for about ten years. it's almost as much fun!

i'm happy with the traps kit i bought, it does take up a little more space, but i can refit it with regular skins and have a compact kit, which i might be doing in the future. i went for one with mesh heads as practicing on pads (as what comes with the roland kits) can lead to tennis elbow and other cumulative injuries.

Wil, you only need to worry about this if you play as much drums as i do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back