Roadburn 2008 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 591
  • Views 51K
  • Watchers 13
he writes pretty funny stuff though, kinda like a really excited kid and every band IS THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD as far as he is concerned.

folks lets be honest here, the line up isn't really that great.There are maybe 4 or 5 major bands playing this (Frost, Wizard,Trouble,Witchcraft, Isis..), 1 or two "legendary" acts (Groundhogs, Acid Mothers Guru),but there's also a very large amount of shit/filler (Year of no light,Kongh,La Ira de dios,Electric orange,My Sleeping Karma - does anyone actually give a shit about these bands??). I'm really looking forward to going but there's realistically ony about 7 or 8 bands I can be arsed watching out of a fairly large line up.

"Best Festival in Europe for heavy music" is a bit of a leap to be honest.

Dont forget Church of Misery, Nadja and Lesbian too Jamie! I cant see a better fest out there in europe that i'd rather go to to be honest,....well this years ATP in Minehead perhaps!

folks lets be honest here, the line up isn't really that great.There are maybe 4 or 5 major bands playing this (Frost, Wizard,Trouble,Witchcraft, Isis..), 1 or two "legendary" acts (Groundhogs, Acid Mothers Guru),but there's also a very large amount of shit/filler (Year of no light,Kongh,La Ira de dios,Electric orange,My Sleeping Karma - does anyone actually give a shit about these bands??). I'm really looking forward to going but there's realistically ony about 7 or 8 bands I can be arsed watching out of a fairly large line up.

"Best Festival in Europe for heavy music" is a bit of a leap to be honest.

Ah piss off and keep your opinions to yourself!

Who invited this guy anyway!?

Bloody buzz burglar!

:p

Hypersonic grindcore freaks CEPHALIC CARNAGE have been confirmed to play the Roadburn Festival on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at the 013 Club in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

The band won't perform its unusual and uncompromising marijuana-induced grind. Instead, CEPHALIC CARNAGE is going to drone out at Roadburn 2008, beckoning the festival attendees to enter the Halls of Amenti. Indeed, CEPHALIC CARNAGE is going to play the entirety of "Halls of Amenti", their ultra doom-influenced record from 2002, as part of an entire set of drone and doom. The group will be doing this special set only at Roadburn during their forthcoming European tour, and performing "Halls of Amenti" live for only the second time ever.

Singer Lenzig van Stroking comments: "CEPHALIC CARNAGE is going to drone out with the droniest of the drone at Roadburn 2008, and be a mile high while doing it — playing 'Halls of Amenti', and plodding through the chaos with visuals that will bring tears, sighs, awes,smiles and joys...or sadness. It will be a complete honor to play such a prestigious event in an amazing country and city. In other words: Our live performance will be like THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN plodding through the La Brea Tar Pits."

The 13th annual Roadburn Festival will take place April 18-19, 2008. Also on the bill are CELTIC FROST, TROUBLE, ISIS, ELECTRIC WIZARD, WITCHCRAFT, CULT OF LUNA, YEAR OF NO LIGHT, TONY MCPHEE'S GROUNDHOGS, EARTHLESS, CHURCH OF MISERY, KRUGER and THE HEADS & ACID MOTHERS GURU, amongst others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back