Roadburn 2008 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 591
  • Views 51K
  • Watchers 13
whats a good starting record for getting into Current 93?
there was a 2CD best of released a couple of years ago called judas as black moth. i don't have it myself but it might be a good starting point. early c93 is noisy tape loops type of stuff. sometime in the late 80's he/they moved into a song-based folk-type direction (think swastikas for noddy (1988) was the starting point but again, i haven't actually heard this one). from thunder perfect mind (1992) onwards michael cashmore wrote most of the music and tibet concentrated mostly on lyrics. i think cashmore's left now to concentrate on his family so i'm not certain what's gonna happen in the future. the music for black ships ate the sky (last album) was half written by cashmore and half by ben chasny (six organs of admittance/comets on fire). out of the albums i own i'd recommend thunder perfect mind (this was reissued with an extra cd a few years back), the sixsixsix: sicksicksick compilation (EP's, rarities, etc) and sleep has his house. sleep has his house is a definite all-time favourite for me. the seven seals... on the sixsixsix comp is probably my favourite c93 song (or any song for that matter)

I'd go for 'All the Pretty Little Horses' as a start off point for Current 93. Sublime record.
'Sleep has his House' is a more sombre one, but again maybe a good place to start.

Hoping to get this Roadburn malark booked at the weekend.

man everyone is gonna be up fuckin early on saturday morning :p:p:p

maybe we should do an all nighter on friday culminating in booking the tickets saturday morning.

p.s. it's my birthday next tuesday, hint fucking hint

bryanmcfadden-breakup-1.jpg

trev meehan, yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back