road to guantanamo (1 Viewer)

It was shocking alright. Though I can't say I was convinced by the lads' reasons for being in Afghanistan - big naans. I mean, come on. What a crap bunch of mates too, leaving one behind cos he had the squits.

saw it in the listings but didnt get the chance to see it. are their any good sites for sharing tv files?

xrockridgex said:
saw it in the listings but didnt get the chance to see it. are their any good sites for sharing tv files?

Keep an eye on UKnova.com

You have to set their site as your home page for a couple of days before you can join.

Catwoman said:
It was shocking alright. Though I can't say I was convinced by the lads' reasons for being in Afghanistan - big naans. I mean, come on. What a crap bunch of mates too, leaving one behind cos he had the squits.

bear in mind it was a dramatisation and big nans weren't the only reason they went. Also it matters not why they went but what happened to them afterwards eh?

Latex lizzie said:
bear in mind it was a dramatisation and big nans weren't the only reason they went. Also it matters not why they went but what happened to them afterwards eh?
Well the important part of the film was indeed the treatment they received and I doubt they were terrorists either. But their reasons for being in Afghanistan were vague and why were they going deeper into into the country when the bombs were going off? There were some parts of their story that didn't add up. If they don't have a credible reason for being there then that gives ammunition to people who think the whole story is bullshit.

Regardless of their reasons for being in Afghanistan, they still shouldn't have been treated in the way they were.
But I don't think it's suspicious they were there at that time. I know a guy who cycled through that area at that time when he was cycling from Ireland to India. He was in the depths of Afghanistan, but it doesn't mean he was collaborating with Osama Bin Laden.

Keith Talent said:
Regardless of their reasons for being in Afghanistan, they still shouldn't have been treated in the way they were.
But I don't think it's suspicious they were there at that time. I know a guy who cycled through that area at that time when he was cycling from Ireland to India. He was in the depths of Afghanistan, but it doesn't mean he was collaborating with Osama Bin Laden.

Yes, I agree with what you're saying, they shouldn't have been treated like that, nobody should. I just thought some parts of their story were glossed over a bit....

Yes, I agree with what you're saying, they shouldn't have been treated like that, nobody should. I just thought some parts of their story were glossed over a bit....
Seen this for the first time last night, and i agree, there was a lot of grey area. I personally think you'd have to be nuts to go to pakistan/afghanistan that close to sept 11th, plus didn't they say part of the reason they went into afghanistan was to "help out" or something similar? Found that troubling throughout. Doesn't take away from the fact that they were treated so badly.

last night on ch4.Really interesting to see the story from a detainees' point of view.Difficult to believe that nearly 400 people are stilll living in the same conditions for the last 4 years.
Did u get to see any attacks on American soldiers or Bush choking on a pretzel or Cheyney having one of his heart attacks?
If not u sure?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back