Rivers of Babylon query (1 Viewer)

The 60's and 70's were pre-Crocodile Dundee therefore Australia still = Strange Land

On Survival, Bob Marley claims to be a "black survivor like Daniel O'Donnell". The printed lyrics claim he is saying "Daniel in the lion's den", but I still can't hear it.

How shall we sing the Lord's song in Australia?

I don't get it.
What have they got against Australia?

They were having problems doing the Australian accent.
This line is actually a general request to language coaches everywhere for aid in developing their ability to produce a convincing Aussie drawl.

Kind of like the way Keanu Reeves had this deadly English accent in "Dracula" after someone taught him how to do it.

In Message in a Bottle by the Police, Sting sings 'a year has passed since I broke my nose', which I always found rather strange.
The Police have a song which I choose to believe features the lyrics "Horses piss on my head" over and over again.

And who could forget the gem in "Every breath you take" where Sting announces "I'm a pool hall ace"

In Message in a Bottle by the Police, Sting sings 'a year has passed since I broke my nose', which I always found rather strange.

"Just a castaway I am lost at sea- o
Another lonely day no one left but me -o
hundred billion castaways looking for a home - o"

edit: also that song about some girl called "sue lawley"

and didn't Madonna invite a former Goodie to get erotic with her:

"bill oddie, bill oddie, put your hands all over my body"

I only read today that I Shold Be So Lucky by Kylie was an independant release and when it charted it knocked the Sugarcubes off the top spot of the Indie Charts by something like 50,00 copies

insane

yes
remember reading the indie charts published in the NME around the 1987-1989 period which had plenty Kylie records featuring. She was on PWL.

Erasure used to well too. On Mute.

I only read today that I Shold Be So Lucky by Kylie was an independant release and when it charted it knocked the Sugarcubes off the top spot of the Indie Charts by something like 50,00 copies

insane

all the great indie labels of the 80s 4ad, creation, sarah, pwl..............

when you sing "the hero is a graduate" I hear always "BURN DOWN THE CHURCHEEESSS, SATAN IS GOOODDEEESSS"

when I'm alone I sing 'de niro is gargantua'
0000-3037-4~Ringling-Brothers-Mr-and-Mrs-Gargantua-the-Great-Posters.jpg

There's a song on the latest Devastations album with the line 'put your foreign hand up my filthy robe'...
I could have sworn he was singing 'put your foreign hand up my fearful hole'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back