Ritchie Partridge (1 Viewer)

lorcanzo said:
Partridge played well against 'Boro the other night, and Bennythez said that he was 'in his thoughts' for the next few games.
could this be the last chance for him at liverpool?
and with Harry Kewell playing so shit recently is it a good chance?

jesus it would be about time. they probably call him the veteran 23 year old at this stage.

it's mad - the poor lad was liverpool youth player of the year a few years back but wasn't hou hou houllier's cup of tea.

i'd be all on for seeing more of himself, mellor, welsh, warnock, potter, whitbread etc. better than diao, traore, biscan and all those other pieces of crap houllier bought. although the foreign legion are all playing a bit better under benitez, i'm a big believer in bringing through 'local' youth rather than importing it (and yes i do consider irish players to be local to english sides as it's a natural progression for the best irish players to go to blighty). i don't have as much of a problem with proven imports (garcia, alonso etc.). what impressed me most was that mellor could actually string a few coherent sentences together. first time i've been able to understand a liverpool player in a long time.

snakybus said:
yeah, you and Alf Garnett, wot wot :rolleyes:

ah now, i'm not a west-brit, but as far as footie goes it's a natural progression for the best irish youngsters to go and play in england. sure the club game here would be better if they stayed in ireland but the national side would suffer. it's just better for us that our best players play with the quality of players/coaches/clubs that you don't get here but you do over there.

snakybus said:
not a west brit me arse

you're just going to drag up that 'british isles' thing again aren't you? i thought we'd reached some sort of agreement on that...

swines!

if i may plead my case. my hattrick team is called Derrylahan F.C. and the supporters club is called Na Fianna Dearg (which i'm sure isn't the correct way of putting it, maybe Na Fianna Dearga? I dunno). But anyways I'm pleading my case here. My family ancestry is half German-half Banner. I spent the holidays of my youf in Mayo. My Grandad was twice president of Bohs and vice president of the FAI. ok so my folks lived in Liverpool in the 60's and I lived in Southampton for 6 months in 1997 but apart from that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back