RIP Wiz (Mega City Four) (1 Viewer)

needtokill

Website
www.thumped.com
This will probably mean very little to most of you,but some of us older folks will be saddened to hear about this:

"Former Mega City Four singer Darren "Wiz" Brown died from a blood clot on the brain on December 6, 2006.
He was taken ill at a rehearsal earlier in the week and died Wednesday afternoon at St Georges Hospital, Tooting, South London.
Wiz, 44, was living and working in Farnborough, Hants. He had just finished writing material for an album for his current band Ipanema and returned from a successful tour in America.
With his guitarist brother Danny, bassist Gerry Bryant and drummer Chris Jones, the band released 6 studio albums between 1989 and 1996 and achieved success as a live touring band travelling the world."

No fucking way, Great guy. I'd had the pleasure of meating him once in a pub, lost a game of pool to him. He seemed real like a real genuine person. MC4 being one of my favourite bands back then.

RIP Wiz

v sad news indeed, poor guy was way too young for that to happen! I have to admit I always lumped MC4 in with Neds Atomic Arsehole as two of those indie bands' who's music I hated with a passion but still - sad news!

Jesus fucking christ that is unbelievable news,saw MC4 loads of times ,charlies being the one i rembember best altho im sure i saw them in mcgonagles aswell as a few other spots,very nice fella ,got bolloxed with the band in charlies and wiz was a graet laugh,they did drift into indiepop later on but gentlemen i inplore you all check out the TRANSPHOBIA album , fucking great record ,if it had have been released in 77 it would have been huge
JESUS poor oul WIZ

Gutted about this. Wiz's new band were due to play here in March. I have an email from Wiz sitting in my inbox from a few days before he passed that I never got round to replying to. I'm a big MC4 fan and was pleased to end up writing pretty long emails to him for the last few years. Seemed like a total gent of a man and its fucking sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back