RIP PC (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2
oh and this means i'm going to be even slower than ever doing stuff.

AMD's suck balls, way slower than intel, huge price difference tho. like an AMD will knock 300 off the same spec PC.

AMD's suck balls, way slower than intel, huge price difference tho. like an AMD will knock 300 off the same spec PC.
q6600 and 9850 are similar price & performance-wise. both nicely overclockable...

Stay away from the AMD quad core cpus. The intel rivals are much better performance wise. I got a new pc from overclockers a while back and ordered an AMD dual core at 3.4ghz. The arseholes put a phenom in running at 2.4 because they were out of stock. The performace isn't great from it.
And stay away from the Macs unless you want to start wearing women's jeans and sitting in coffee shops all day.

I'm running a Q6600 and am very pleased with it.
Nicely overclockable and runs surprisingly cool.
I usually go AMD but as Wayne said, they have truly fucked up their Quad core design.
You need to be running a 64 bit OS to get the real juice out of it, but I'm sure ya know that already!

managed to get it back up and running

ish

now, along with the regular crashes, as it goes down in flames it takes out the bios too. so that has to be re-flashed before it'll reboot - every fucking time. (and no, it's not a dud CMOS battery)

so i'm going to try limping on with this shit for another two weeks, since i'm going on holidays anyway then. I'll pick up some shiny new stuff in singapore on the way home.

oh yes. Funan IT Mall here i come.

I nearly got done by Irish customs coming back from Hong Kong a few years back with suitcases full of OEM graphics cards, CPUs and DIMMs.
Made it through by the skin of my teeth after I jammily pulled out a receipt for around €300 that simply said 'Goods'.
I told your one that I had bought everything in a sale and that I had got quite a bargain.
That could have worked out quite badly.

I nearly got done by Irish customs coming back from Hong Kong a few years back with suitcases full of OEM graphics cards, CPUs and DIMMs.
Made it through by the skin of my teeth after I jammily pulled out a receipt for around €300 that simply said 'Goods'.
I told your one that I had bought everything in a sale and that I had got quite a bargain.
That could have worked out quite badly.
well at most i'll be nabbing a CPU, motherboard & ram. maybe a couple of 1TB drives. and a new video card. maybe.

so what exactly did you do to your PC to reach this point?
no idea.

might be related to the shitty 35quid psu i have pushing an AMD X2 4200, two dvd writers, 2 x 200gb drives, a 320gb drive, a 500gb drive and an 8800gt video card.

so anyways i stuck my 8800gt & cpu into my shuttle pc case so i'm almost back up and running again now... apart from the fact that i only have 2 sata connectors for my 5 sata devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back