Rimbaud Records - news and future release (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
We've painstakingly 're-designed' our myspace - and added an online store which will shortly be expanded.

please see here :
www.rimbaudrecords.bigcartel.com

www.myspace.com/rimbaudrecords

Gary Suicidal Kids Commando are touring Italy this month - they should be back in Ireland later in 2010 we hope.

Rimbaud records and The Left Hand DIY will co release the vinyl version of their killer debut album "Ainsi passe la gloire du monde" - planned for mid 2010.

You can download 'Ainsi pass la gloire du monde' here - the whole album! Bagdad Cafe is the flagship track.
http://goodnoisycore.blogspot.com/2008/12/gary-suicidal-kids-commando.html

Italia.jpg

Reviews of the 'Par La Douleur, La Joie' album released last year - we still have copies in our store.

Review/Chronique de 'Par la douleur, la joie' sur Crucial blast Records
Crucial Blast Records
15/11/08
French
metallic hardcore is some of the most emotive and dramaticyou'll hear, as evidenced by bands like Cortez, Tantrum, Metronome Charisma, Submerge, hell, pretty much anything on the Basement Apes and Radar Swarm labels. The French have an excellent knack for puttingtogether crushing metallic riffage and majestic, intensely movingmelodies without resorting to throwing in lame alt-rock choruses to tryto come off as 'sensitive'. The second album fron the French band GarySuicidal Kids Commando is another solid blast of epic, atmospherichardcore that reminds me of some of the other bands that they palaround with, but GSKC also add a bunch of interesting stuff to theirsound that's had me playing this album over and over lately. At theircore, GSKC play a super-heavy and frantic style of metallic hardcorewith complex riffing and amazing epic guitar harmonies, and fronted bysome really anguished, emotionally wrecked vocals that go from layersof raspy shreiking to high pitched yelps and bestial death metalroaring. Japan's Envy comes to mind when I listen to this, and I'mbetting that GSKC has been heavily influenced by the impassionedhardcore/epic rock that Envy's more recent albums have featured, butthere are also huge apocalyptic dirges that invoke mid-90's Neurosis,occasional samples of orchestral film music that are looped over andover (which sounds vaguely like Morricone, but I'm not sure if it's anoriginal piece or something that the band lifted), an entireinstrumental track of nothing but gloomy cello, another track thatfeatures a great extended sax solo over sludgy, propulsive riffage, andsongs that shift suddenly from cello-backed mathy arpeggios andintricate drumming to manic thrashing metalcore, like smatterings ofSlint and Rachels heard alongside a freaked out, uber-metal version ofEnvy. This disc came out on the Scottish label Rimbaud, which hasbrought us some great
noise-rock/sludge records in the past fromKilling Spree, Hey Colossus, and Bracket.Retards.Bracket

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back