Revs (1 Viewer)

bloopitybloop

Huh, they sound different: click

I rather like Judas Kiss. Don't snap, but it's like Irish acoustic Arcade Fire, I think! I heard Time Slipping on the radio...rockin' indie.

A change has occured :confused: :D

Shit, what are reputation points? I'm gonna lose them now, aren't I? Well I think those 2 songs are relatively cool!

I seen them play in Johnny Foxes and they did an entire set of Manowar covers.

Bleedin rappeh.One of the best gigs ever.

Come on, have you listened to the new stuff? If not, and we're on the topic of dust, be careful that the album leaves YOUUU in the dust.

It's an amazing record, no matter how much you'll want to disagree. Radiohead meets QOTSA meets Doves meets Weezer meets The Beatles. Put your past memories of them behind you. They were young, impressionable and VERY naive. They've financed the making of the new album themselves-recorded in the Cardigans' Tambourine Studio in Malmo with Franz's producers, and mixed by Danton Supple (Coldplay/Doves). They dumped their manager 2 years ago and now have a fuzzily fantastic song entitled 'Robert Stephenson'. Their sound is incredible.

They're properly brilliant now.

1 - gimme a break with this kind of marketing, pleeeeeese!!! it's demeaning, just stop, get a real job and a life and listen to some decent music, please!

2 - The Revs shouldn't be allowed to release music to the public after that fucking "wired to the moon" song, probationary period of at least 10yrs with no good behaviour options.

3 - The a-side to this new release is bland. I might start liking if it gets incessant radio play as a result of the pr campaign but that's more a case of stockholm syndrome.

4 - The b-side is better, a bit less formulaic, maybe they should write more of this. Probably stands less of a chance of charting/airplay etc.. though and that would be a disaster...

Igor said:
1 - gimme a break with this kind of marketing, pleeeeeese!!! it's demeaning, just stop, get a real job and a life and listen to some decent music, please!

2 - The Revs shouldn't be allowed to release music to the public after that fucking "wired to the moon" song, probationary period of at least 10yrs with no good behaviour options.

3 - The a-side to this new release is bland. I might start liking if it gets incessant radio play as a result of the pr campaign but that's more a case of stockholm syndrome.

4 - The b-side is better, a bit less formulaic, maybe they should write more of this. Probably stands less of a chance of charting/airplay etc.. though and that would be a disaster...

Well, if you think the b-side is decent, then surely the Revs is now "decent music"? You've only heard a short clip of the a-side (probably), but I can assure you that listening to the album in full can ONLY turn you into a fan. Just give it a listen when it comes out. I think you'll be enormously surprised.

Judas Kiss is clearly a HUGE departure from Wired to the Moon, so give it a shot.

vb7000 said:
Well, if you think the b-side is decent, then surely the Revs is now "decent music"? You've only heard a short clip of the a-side (probably), but I can assure you that listening to the album in full can ONLY turn you into a fan.

really? wow! does the record contain subliminal brainwashing?

cassette/tape said:
i stopped listening to the revs after all that stuff with the bassist hitting those kids at the underage gigs.

lol, what happened?! That sounds pretty funny. They deserved it I'm sure, the Central Bankers. (W for B?)

There may well be subliminal messages on it...it's rather psychedelic in parts-some lovely harmonic meandering and instrumental twiddling in the background. I think it's really amazing and can't wait til it's released.

lorcanzo said:
the "revs" you say?

thats funny, cos there used be this pop band of saps who made fools of themselves a few years ago with the same name!

but these lads sound amazing.

:D I'm delighted to hear that! Or are you mocking me? :cool:

I like these smilies (not really, but I AM delighted that you're happy to admit they're much different now..I'm sure many - a friend of mine for one - will be afraid to agree)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back