Revs (1 Viewer)

vb7000 said:
Personally (obviously), I don't think so. And hence, our opinions may be opposite, but neither of us win.

seriously man

fuckoff.jpg

Zeelander said:
I met the Revs in the Music Centre before and they gave out to me for smoking doob in there. Pretty uncool. Do they still look like an old ladies impression of what a cool rock star should look like?

i read in the slate years ago that the revs kicked people out of a house party for skinning up. those guys are serious anti-doob zealots. New sound is great though, new album very different, everyone should now love the revs etc etc. album cover shows the band shooting up joints.

vb7000 said:
What're your favourite old Revs' songs then? Maybe you need the album, but I can't see how anybody (especially a fan) could call those 2 songs "terrible".

well my favourite songs would be wired to the moon, hang the dj, burn your magazines and "where's the days gone"- i think that's the one i mean. the song about the hippy who became a yuppy

The self-titled thing is more of a "start again" vibe..as far as I know, a name change was contemplated for a few seconds, but you critics would just rip them to pieces that they were trying to trick you or something, Then the album was to be called 'Dammahate', but the fresh thing won over.

a start again? as what? a mediocre acoustic band.

the music there isn't fun. that's why i listened to the revs in the first place. the music was fun. wired to the mooon is a fun song, not serious, but fun. i want fun music like the chalets or opm or republic of loose, not dull boring old acoustic bands that sound the same as 99% of the rest of the stuff made in ireland

is that critic comment directed to me? i'm not a critic. i'm not involved in the music industry whatsoever. i just know what my ears like

you know what your ears like (i hope) and i know what my ears like

I put the revs up for a few days in Cork a few years back, when i was "working" for Rob, around the time of the Wired to the Moon thing. They were sound lads. Could never stomach the music, but they put on a "good show" live and were great craic down the pub. The new stuff... It's all a bit TV3...

John D'oh said:
those guys are serious anti-doob zealots.

Obviously not reacting the fact that you don't like their music, or trying to make them sound "cool" or anything, but Michael and Rory out of the band are permanantly stoned (well, a LOT of the time)..John doesn't do drugs, but he doesn't drink either.

And I disagree strongly with the Frames comparison. There is no similarity except the fact that they're Irish and (partially) influenced by Radiohead.

vb7000 said:
Obviously not reacting the fact that you don't like their music, or trying to make them sound "cool" or anything, but Michael and Rory out of the band are permanantly stoned (well, a LOT of the time)..John doesn't do drugs, but he doesn't drink either.

And I disagree strongly with the Frames comparison. There is no similarity except the fact that they're Irish and (partially) influenced by Radiohead.

This is the hill:

kilimanjaro.jpg

This is the rock you're pushing up the hill:

topanga-canyon-boulder-s.jpg

Good luck.

vb7000 said:
Come on, have you listened to the new stuff? If not, and we're on the topic of dust, be careful that the album leaves YOUUU in the dust.

It's an amazing record, no matter how much you'll want to disagree. Radiohead meets QOTSA meets Doves meets Weezer meets The Beatles. Put your past memories of them behind you. They were young, impressionable and VERY naive. They've financed the making of the new album themselves-recorded in the Cardigans' Tambourine Studio in Malmo with Franz's producers, and mixed by Danton Supple (Coldplay/Doves). They dumped their manager 2 years ago and now have a fuzzily fantastic song entitled 'Robert Stephenson'. Their sound is incredible.

They're properly brilliant now.

are you in the band by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back