Rest in the Shoe (1 Viewer)

gugai said:
and the vampire waltz......

ah, gumb, the good old days....

I was at that Sultans gig. There were people actually buying cans just to throw at the band.....
"Just when I thought I was out... They pull me back in." - Albert Pacino

These hastily disinterred memories, these temporal Chinese burns, these fatuous investigations! Have you no Holmes to go to?

In summary (and resorting to bullet points for clarity):

• It was not an SM57 that Mr. Ping shoved up his back-fanny. It was an SM58. I wish to God I didn't know that, but I do.
  • I agree with my dear old former drummer El Plug that the name of the Song Whose Name Must Not Be Mentioned must not be mentioned.
  • It's a small world after all etc.: I'm now based in Edinburgh, and I play in a surf band called The Nucleotides. We recently toured Ireland under the stewardship of my ravishing former girlfriend, Gugai. And sure who should be supporting us in Dolans only the dashing Steven of g.a.m.a.k. in his solo guise. A wonderful guise it is too. I've only recently made the musical acquaintance of g.a.m.a.k.'s triumphant noise abuse. They're the bomb type thing.
  • That Sultans gig sure was fun. I seem to remember having accidentally dropped some lysergic acid earlier in the evening, and the moment of my 'coming-up' happened to coincide with the microphone's 'going-in'. I looked on in what can only be caused cosmic astonishment.
  • The third member of Gumb, Michael D. Hourigan Esq., now runs a 150-girl harem in Newfoundland.
Some lad sticking a mic up his bum. Sure you couldn't make it up.

- Psalm

"and the vampire waltz......"

nobody writes songs in 3/4 anymore

"I was at that Sultans gig. There were people actually buying cans just to throw at the band....."

of course you were! weren't you gumb's officially appointed moshpit instigator? a good night for the bar too!

samhealy said:
It was not an SM57 that Mr. Ping shoved up his back-fanny. It was an SM58. I wish to God I didn't know that, but I do.
oh yeah, that's right, a 58. that's worse innit? at least a 57 would slide in more easily, likes. :)

shouldn't you be working hmm? (yeah, so should I)

plug said:
oh yeah, that's right, a 58. that's worse innit? at least a 57 would slide in more easily, likes. :)

shouldn't you be working hmm? (yeah, so should I)
Yes. Yes I should. But because we all live in a yellow democrasee, I do what I want. [Undulates torso while waggling index finger of right hand, after the fashion of a Latina shikseh.] You don' tell ME what to do, pendejo! I comin' down there, an' fuckin' your shit UP, hombre!

A '58 is worse than a '57 for the purposes of anal insertion, but not as bad as one of those 1950s broadcast mics, with the louvred silver casings. You know the ones I mean, don't pretend you don't. I doubt if Crystal ('DVDADODN', 'All Holes To All Men' and other exciting releases) Shandeleer could manage one of those lads.

I ain't all that.

- Deprecatrix

samhealy said:
A '58 is worse than a '57 for the purposes of anal insertion, but not as bad as one of those 1950s broadcast mics, with the louvred silver casings. You know the ones I mean, don't pretend you don't.
I know what you're talking about.. ;)
neumann.jpg

mmm. I'm filled with a whole number of powerful emotions. aren't you?

incidentally there was a U87 in college and one of our teachers would occasionally brandish it rather threateningly, foamy lipped, saying shit like: "THIS IS AN EAR! AN EAR!!!". college was strange..

Giveamanakick said:
I remember that. It was a red thing, he wore it 24 hours a day. Still though, that's not as bad as the Limerick band member who spent an entire saturday going around town writing the name of his band on every available surface, phone box, window... etc... Then he pretended that someone else must've done it, thus creating a false fanbase for his band. A vandal fanbase mind you....

this quote and reply thing is cool, i'm doing this from now on
that was you anyway...i'd put money on it! are you ever going to wear ladies stockings on your head again? watching chris daly from sweep playing with haymarket riot the other night made me think of it and laugh. i have a photo of it somewhere at home.

okay the 2 lads i know who climbed onstage to "get" niall sultana were noose power and whacky lane. no "latcha" between them although in the words of flan costelloe they were "two latcha-coos".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back