Republican Attack Ad - fucking grotesque (2 Viewers)

Alot of Americans are stupid cunts he may have meant and ads can and have turned peoples minds at election times no matter how silly we may think they are and I am referring to other countries besides the US.

That is absolutely disgusting.

Not even an attempt to make it look like anything less than it is - a 30 second paintball attack. Smear campaign implies a level of subtlety that is missing from this.

Which is worse?
The insult to Ford.
The insult to US voters.
The acting.

All american campaign ads are like this. All of them. This is how they do it over there. Even the good guys do it. You dont win an american election by ways of just emphasising what you can do for your country without at the very least throwing a few digs at the opposition while you're at it. It's the American way, the clearwire way. Nobody votes for pussies.

Watch the democratic/republican conventions. It's Blockbuster entertainment of epic proportions.

All american campaign ads are like this. All of them. This is how they do it over there. Even the good guys do it. You dont win an american election by ways of just emphasising what you can do for your country without at the very least throwing a few digs at the opposition while you're at it. It's the American way, the clearwire way. Nobody votes for pussies.

Watch the democratic/republican conventions. It's Blockbuster entertainment of epic proportions.

There are good guys?

Ah, they weren't always like that. They used to fight (relatively) fair. Now, it just seems to be an all out see who slags off the most. I think it all changed during the Reagan era.

The Mob is fickle and is easily swayed. En masse. They wouldn't run the ads if they didn't work. As Tommy Lee Jones said in "Men In Black": "A person can be clever, but people are stupid."

Ah, they weren't always like that. They used to fight (relatively) fair. Now, it just seems to be an all out see who slags off the most. I think it all changed during the Reagan era.

The Mob is fickle and is easily swayed. En masse. They wouldn't run the ads if they didn't work. As Tommy Lee Jones said in "Men In Black": "A person can be clever, but people are stupid."

Then he blew up that martian insect with the TRIFLE LASER GUN. That was amazing.

It's not the unfairness of it that shocks me. But it is so atrociously 'obvious'!

Ah, what do I care anyway? I don't live there and I don't vote so... no, I still care.

Bah!

Democrats are fucking stupid. Rudderless, leaderless.

Kerry made a speech the other day at a college. I'm paraphrasing her but he kind of said "if you dont stay in school and get good grades you'll end up in Iraq"

The draft dodging president then accused the war hero of saying the troops are stupid.

Kerry kind of went on the attack but instead of decry how republicans have created a huge underclass he says how the joke was misjudged. How thick is that. The dumbest Fiana Fail advisor around would be a political colassus over here

It's not the unfairness of it that shocks me. But it is so atrociously 'obvious'!

Ah, what do I care anyway? I don't live there and I don't vote so... no, I still care.

Bah!

Of course you care. What happens there directly affects us and the rest of the World.

When you say you don't vote? You mean here or there? You should always vote, even if it's just to spoil it as a means of protest.

Of course you care. What happens there directly affects us and the rest of the World.

When you say you don't vote? You mean here or there? You should always vote, even if it's just to spoil it as a means of protest.

I guess I just wish I didn't have to care.

I don't vote. I haven't voted in a public election and I won't until there is someone worth voting for.

Spoiling votes as a form of protest - does that really make a difference? Surely not voting - exercising the right to refuse to pretend to endorse either the current system or the candidates that are part of it - is also a form of protest.

No matter whom you vote for, the Government always gets in. (Henry David Thoreau)

EagleTearsAn.gif

Indeed they do lol.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back