Registering a car in ROI (1 Viewer)

no, but i have heard there's been a recent clampdown on this.
a chap here has managed to keep his northern reg, but when asked, he's able to produce evidence of permanent residence in the north.

A friend of mine's car is worth a good bit more here than it was in England. If she sold it here she'd make a tidy profit, or so she says. It's a '97 Prelude. There's not many of them here, and boy racers are mad for the 97's it would seem. But I would've thought Brit reg's were compulsory for boy racers. Anyway....

Still, it did cost a lot. Can't remember off the top of me head, over €1000 anyway. She had to deal with a lot of insurance company bullshit too.

keep a bill from your old uk address and you shuld get away with it and delay it for a while if asked to produce proof. if they do it on the spot or something. no rush.think in a year if you start in september. what am i saying. ive no experience in this. thats what id do anyway

I did this, but it was 10 years ago so things may have changed. The duty to be paid then was 25% of the value of the car, as determined by the vehicle registrations people. Unfortunately, they valued my car at twice what I paid for it, so I had to pay £250 on a car that cost me £500.

I didn't have to register it immediately as I got a green card from my UK insurance which basically insured me while holidaying over here. I think I had that for a month, but I'm not sure if you can keep extending it or not (I seem to recall hearing recently that you can).

By the amount of foreign regged fuckers on the road, I wouldn't worry about it. Most of them have no insurance either.

The amount of left-hand drives. I've even seen commercial vehicles left-hand. Surely that's illegal?

Why you leaving Bonnie Scotland? This place is a fucking kip.

By the amount of foreign regged fuckers on the road, I wouldn't worry about it. Most of them have no insurance either.

The amount of left-hand drives. I've even seen commercial vehicles left-hand. Surely that's illegal?

Why you leaving Bonnie Scotland? This place is a fucking kip.

Ah goff, I'm in sunny berkshire at the moment, being a crabbit music teacher and I fancy a wee change. I'll live back in the homeland sometime but I'm not ready to go back yet and I fancy getting myself some real Irish action for a while ;):cool:. Amongst studying and things of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back