region 1 DVD laptop dumb ass question! (1 Viewer)

Charlie Bucket

just got a region 1 DVD from the 'merica (rare shit and cheap so no slaggin right!) anyways when i play it in media player or the dvd program it says i have to change the region select thing but i can only do this 4 times and then it'll be stuck in whatever region! yikes! which is not good & an asspain.
how do i get round this?
you thumped tech geeks will know!
go on!!!bing

i bought me a multi region player about 2 years ago but it's progressively getting more and more knackered. at this stage i dont even bother watching region 1 dvds on it because the lip-sync gets all fucked up on them.

so eh.. beware cheap multi region players

Alan Remorse said:
i bought me a multi region player about 2 years ago but it's progressively getting more and more knackered. at this stage i dont even bother watching region 1 dvds on it because the lip-sync gets all fucked up on them.

so eh.. beware cheap multi region players
Black Diamond DVD player, Keilys in Limerick, E50, plays all regions and most formats 'cepts for .avi, have it for ages now and no probs. Everybody should own one

giveadogabone said:
just got a region 1 DVD from the 'merica (rare shit and cheap so no slaggin right!) anyways when i play it in media player or the dvd program it says i have to change the region select thing but i can only do this 4 times and then it'll be stuck in whatever region! yikes! which is not good & an asspain.
how do i get round this?
you thumped tech geeks will know!
go on!!!bing
find out what model the drive is and see if you can get a firmware update to make it region free.

failing that, there's software out there (dvdregionfree?) which will hack it for you.

all of the above is at your own risk.

jaysus pete you're well contactable. when did you add the skype thing or was that option always there?

actually i never use the skype or the google talk... just added them for show.

so there you go

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back