Recurring Dreams (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

Dream No 1: All my teeth are rotting and falling out of my head

Dream No 2: I have to go back to school, and am surrounded by children poking fun at my size

Dream No 3: The side of my face swells up to the side of a balloon due to a problem with my gums (this actually happened)

Best And Most Recurring Dream:I am let loose in a pick n mix shop

ive heard heaps of people talking abotu the teeth falling out, seems quite common. i think it means losing confidence in yourself or something.

my recurring dream is being bit by snakes. on a few occassions i have felt the fangs in my leg and the venom seeping in. once i woke up and my leg had actually gone numb. horrible.

i have one about going up to the top of the cathedral in mullingar. theyre always pleasant dreams and though the cathedral and all the details are always different each time i always get freaked out about the height once i get to the top.

these dreams predate my drunken real-life excursions to the top by means of the scaffolding that was put in place some years ago while the roof was being relpaced.

everynight i dream there are rats and snakes in my bed and i wake up in a panic.:eek:

Alan Remorse said:
Dream No 1: All my teeth are rotting and falling out of my head

I had a dream several times where I was tied to a chair and someone was pulling my teeth out :eek: :( I've heard that if you grind your teeth in your sleep this tends to intrude on your dreams..

In order of common-ness (for me)

1. Being pursued by a bull
2. Teeth falling out
3. Exams on the way and I realise I haven't been to a lecture all year
4. Fighting (I used to always win fights in my dreams, now I struggle to hold my own)
5. Holes in my flesh
6. Sex

TEETHTeeth can represent your bite, effectiveness or power in life. They may represent biting remarks, hurtful words. They are your ability to 'chew' over things, meaning to consider and think about, almost to get a taste or try to experience what you are considering.

Spitting out lots of teeth: Something you want to 'spit out' in the sense of admitting, saying, or expressing emotionally.

Teeth falling out: Often a sense of loss, such as death of family member or loved one; the ageing process as it relates to maturity, so worries about getting older and one's changing image. When our first teeth fall out at around seven, it is probably our initial experience of losing something from our body, something weird happening - we might even fear other bits of us could drop off or out.

If single tooth: This may suggest loss, change, or death of someone.

Tooth being pulled out: Jung felt this dream represents giving birth if dreamt by a woman. In general it probably has associations with loss or painful loss.

Toothless: Loss of effectiveness; feelings about ageing.

http://www.dreamhawk.com/d-dic.htm

Fun site.

All through my secondary school years I had a recurring dream where I went down to catch the bus to school but realised while I was waiting there that I'd forgot to put my trousers on.

Bizarre.

Oh, and a few involving the sexy 20-something religion teacher as well...nyom nyom nyom

i have dreams about my teeth all having to be pulled out regularly. i'm missing about eight of them and have had four pulled out since 2000 so i think that not suprising really. it didn't hurt so i don't mind losing teeth. also i had dreams about having to go back to school a lot for years after leaving. they usually ended with me getting really pissed off and storming out.

i had an exciting tooth dream once where i was chased around the olympia by a gang of government dentists who were hell bent on pulling out my teeth. they didnt get me even though i was distracted from escaping when i spotted my aunt doing a can-can like dance routine on the stage with some other woman.

My recurring dream is where some of the floor boards in the up stairs of the house just fall into the down stairs and Ive to jump over them its mainly the floor boards in my brothers bed room and the landing that fall through, but the places where there is furniture up stairs the floor boards never fall under them its just around them.

i always remember the hale and pace episode where he's having a dream and the fat one with the moustache is just sitting there Buttering the yellow pages, its hilarious cos thats the exact kinda thing i regularly dream about, all yr dreams sound interesting and meaningful but i have ones wher ill be fixing a parachute in my shed or trying to make a huge blue-tac ball, or getting so fat inwards that i cant swallow or talk or do anything.

if i started dissecting these i'd be a whole lot more disturbed than i already am
i'd love to be able to dictate my dreams, although i find when i've abstained from Sexy Activities for a while the dreams almost make it worthwhile

I keep having this dream where I go on a weird combo train/dart/rollercoaster ride and end up at a funfair in a seaside resort. Than a man appears and says something like 'see, this is how it works', then takes a briefcase or a gameboard out and puts it on the ground and it starts flipping outwards like mad until a big giant city is there.

I also dream a lot about not studying for my leaving cert. The stress of the dream is almost worth it when I wake up and realise I did it fifteen years ago. The post-sleep is great after that.

Alright... I have this dream, over and over, since I was very young, always the same base, but can be eloborated on with over-riding menace / people or not.

If anyone knows Donnybrook, there is this wierd little road, very narrow, and walled with dark rocks up high on each side. It is on the left hand side if you are going towards town I think, and there is a little sort of vegetable and spice shop at one end.

And that's it, I dream about that place all the time. Probably once a month, walking through it. I even walked there from town when i was back home for Christmas there, just to see if actually being there made me remember something about it. Nothing. I just dream about it.
Its fucking bizzare.

Alright... I have this dream, over and over, since I was very young, always the same base, but can be eloborated on with over-riding menace / people or not.

If anyone knows Donnybrook, there is this wierd little road, very narrow, and walled with dark rocks up high on each side. It is on the left hand side if you are going towards town I think, and there is a little sort of vegetable and spice shop at one end.

And that's it, I dream about that place all the time. Probably once a month, walking through it. I even walked there from town when i was back home for Christmas there, just to see if actually being there made me remember something about it. Nothing. I just dream about it.
Its fucking bizzare.

s6_mull25.jpg

lmao - alan you were in a dream i had this week! You were talking to my mother about something at a bus stop in douglas.

The only recurring dreams I have are always about teeth. I do grind my teeth though so that's probably why. but I've had tooth dreams since I was really oung.
just before i go to sleep i often feel like i'm tripping and falling which is really weird.
when I was a kid I'd frequently dream about flying/jumping off a cliff etc
and having to drive a car even though I couldn't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back