Recommend me a Guitar Pedal (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
I play a Mexican Tele through a Fender Deluxe and up until now I've just been using the amp overdrive pedal, but would like to add a bit of colour so I want to get one or two new pedals.

I'm the only guitarist in a 3-piece, so need to fatten up the sound. My musical style is pretty straightforward indie/rock/pop/whatever so I'm just looking for a good overdrive pedal, and maybe a delay pedal. What are the reliables?

I had a delay pedal before but never found it much use as it didn't have a tap tempo feature on it. Those Line 6 delay pedals look class but way too expensive. I used a Boss DS-1 last week as my amp was fecked and it sounded horrible, really metally. Tried a Behringer VD1 recently and it wasn't bad. Nice and cheap too.

If you could recommend a good pedal it'd be much appreciated.

www.myspace.com/notmenbutgiants

Fatten up the sound eh?
222623.jpg

I use it through a Fender Deluxe as well with either a Mustang of a Jazzmaster. It's got balls.

I like the sound of that Bigg Muff...checked out a few youtube vids with it...dirrrty nice...at that price I'm definitely getting it.

The boss DD-3 or DD6 looks like a handy pedal to have around but quite expensive...would the BEHRINGER DD100 or DIGITECH DIGI DELAY be a good subsitute for it?

The Echo park is more in my price range, but I've read a lot of reviews about it mentioning a noticeable hiss.

I just need a decent delay pedal with an easy to use tap tempo feature.

It seems like the DD-6 tap tempo feature is a bit akward as you have to hold the pedal down for a couple of seconds before it kicks in.

check out some danelectro pedals, they're cheap and good. I have a fab tone distortion and equalizer both are well good
DANDD1.jpg

recently, 2 different mates of mine have been singing the praises of the boss blues driver. phil_b and ian (both post here) use it to beef up their sound. its pretty transparent, just makes everything sound bigger. deffo worth checking out.

recently, 2 different mates of mine have been singing the praises of the boss blues driver. phil_b and ian (both post here) use it to beef up their sound. its pretty transparent, just makes everything sound bigger. deffo worth checking out.

It’s a lovely pedal.

I was looking at the digitech and seems to be a cheaper version of the Boss delay...doh! If I knew it was any good I would've went with it.

Ah well, I have no patience...still I can't wait to get my DD-6 though...woo-hoo! New toy!

I don't think there's much difference between them, I'm used to the Digidelay and it does the weird glitchy shit well and loops about 4 seconds really nicely too. But like most things it's what you get used too

One thing I don't like is the backwards delay, there's no way or getting rid of the original signal and just having the reverse delay sound... small detail, but it would make the reverse delay so much better...

Very true. Awsome pedal. Adds pure crunch to your clean sound.

Had to reccomend the Big Muff first as I thought it would be what Beanstalk would be looking for. Its an immediate monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back