recipe thread? (1 Viewer)

here's a classic, from soy not oi!. if you try out any new recipe ever, try this one. people seem to get a bit emotional about these cookies, i reckon they just need more refined sugar in their diets. feckin' vegans and their 'health'.

peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

2 cups* peanut butter
1/2 cup* vegan margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons arrowroot (not terribly necessary - just egg replacement anxiety again - a little extra baking powder does the job)
2 teaspoons water
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
splash of soya milk
12oz plain chocolate chips (Supercook are good - use plain, not milk, chocolate)

Mix everything in a bowl except the chocolate chips and soya milk. Add milk until the texture is somewhere between wet and dry. Add chips. Make into cookie-size discs and lay out on a greased, floured baking tray. Bake at 175*C (350F, gas mark 4) for 8-10 minutes.

*1 cup = 250 mls, i haven't figured out the equivalent weights, sorry

here's a classic, from soy not oi!. if you try out any new recipe ever, try this one. people seem to get a bit emotional about these cookies, i reckon they just need more refined sugar in their diets. feckin' vegans and their 'health'.

peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons arrowroot
2 teaspoons water
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
splash soy (they're keen to point out not oi) milk
12oz plain chocolate chips (Supercook are good - use plain, not milk, chocolate)

Mix everything in a bowl except the chocolate chips and soya milk. Add milk until the texture is somewhere between wet and dry. Add chips. Bake at 175*C (350F, gas mark 4) for 8-10 minutes. geovisit();
visit.gif

Well as Im sure you cant but of noticed my menacingly toned physique health is of upmost importance to me.my body is a temple let all bow before and worship

and whats wrong with soy and oi!?

margarine

The tragedy of veganism.

Vegan Frittatas/Spanish Omlette
I made this a few weeks ago and almost ate myself to death

Cut up some spuds into little cubes and fry them with mustard seeds and finely chopped onions until they're soft

Mix up two parts water to one part gram (chickpea) flour- the gram flour is yellower and adds to the illusion. You can get it in most health/for'din shops.

When the spuds and onions are cooked, mix em in a bowl with the batter stuff. The mixture should be quite wet, but not watery or runny or anything. The spuds should be the boss.

Pour some into a frying pan on a low heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stick the pan under the grill then to cook the top. THEN, turn it over onto a plate. It'll probably fall apart at this stage but just shovel the crap off the bottom of the pan onto the top (squash it down a bit to make it look like you didn't fuck up) and cook it in the frying pan/under the grill some more.

I find that allowing it to cool and set (after you're fairly sure it's cooked through) gives it the more solid/cake like vibe.

Serve with a really spicey home-made salsa.

Eat (hot or cold. equally good)

Writhe on the couch in gluttonous agony.

buckfast risotto

ingredients

• 500 g risotto rice
  • 150 g unsalted butter
  • 1 finely chopped onion
  • 1 finely chopped sweet pepper (deseeded)
  • a big f*ck of garlic
  • a big f*ck of black pepper
  • 3/4 litre of chicken stock (oxo, whatevs) on standby; you may not use all of it
  • half a bottle of buckfast
  • a decent dash of soy sauce
  • 100 g of freshly grated parmigiano or grana padano or another hard italian cheese
method

• heat half the butter in a pot, add the rice, and cook over a very low flame, stirring it to stop it sticking/burning. there's a knack to it.
  • in the meantime, fry the onion, garlic, and sweet pepper separately, in about a third of the remaining butter until the onion is golden.
  • keep the pan warm.
  • when the rice is done frying and the grains have become translucent, begin adding the buckfast, a glass at a time, and letting it evaporate between additions.
  • then add stock, a ladle at a time, and stir in the onions/garlic/pepper.
  • once the rice is on the very verge of soft, turn off the heat, stir in the remaining butter, the cheese, season with a fuck of black pepper, a good ol dash of soy, and serve.
  • it works well nice with a good salad and a roast chicken i tell thee
  • i would imagine roast whole peppers stuffed with it as good too.
enjoy :D

buckfast risotto

ingredients
  • 500 g risotto rice
  • 150 g unsalted butter
  • 1 finely chopped onion
  • 1 finely chopped sweet pepper (deseeded)
  • a big f*ck of garlic
  • a big f*ck of black pepper
  • 3/4 litre of chicken stock (oxo, whatevs) on standby; you may not use all of it
  • half a bottle of buckfast
  • a decent dash of soy sauce
  • 100 g of freshly grated parmigiano or grana padano or another hard italian cheese
method
  • heat half the butter in a pot, add the rice, and cook over a very low flame, stirring it to stop it sticking/burning. there's a knack to it.
  • in the meantime, fry the onion, garlic, and sweet pepper separately, in about a third of the remaining butter until the onion is golden.
  • keep the pan warm.
  • when the rice is done frying and the grains have become translucent, begin adding the buckfast, a glass at a time, and letting it evaporate between additions.
  • then add stock, a ladle at a time, and stir in the onions/garlic/pepper.
  • once the rice is on the very verge of soft, turn off the heat, stir in the remaining butter, the cheese, season with a fuck of black pepper, a good ol dash of soy, and serve.
  • it works well nice with a good salad and a roast chicken i tell thee
  • i would imagine roast whole peppers stuffed with it as good too.
enjoy :D

just don't try ask for a side of spagetti with that risotto!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JtmOTYmVNII

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back