Recently Purchased (4 Viewers)

Got all these today:

Peter Gabriel - 1 LP
Peter Gabriel - 2 LP (His first four albums are confusingly called Peter Gabriel)
Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Armed Forces
Weekend - Past Meets Present/Midnight Slows 7"
Weekend - The View From Her Room / Leaves of Spring 7"

In Limerick?

I bought the first four Peter Gabriel albums in Limerick - in one go - a few months after So came out.
No in Dublin; I was only in Limerick for work for a couple of days. Got these today in Spindizzy and Zenith (Sub-City)
Actually the Gabriel album I've listed there as 2 is probably more likely 4 - the one with Games Without Frontiers and Biko.

In Limerick?

I bought the first four Peter Gabriel albums in Limerick - in one go - a few months after So came out.
that first solo Gabriel album is surprisingly dated sounding. Given the cover art (which is fantastic) I thought the album would sound more "modern" or forward sounding. Thought it was recorded in 77, actually it sounds quite late 60s or early 70s. Bit of a surprise to me.

It's got a prog hangover and most of it could have been on the likes of Genesis' Nursery Cryme or Foxtrot.

PG2 is produced by Robert Fripp and sounds a lot more claustrophic and edgy. New wave mixed with The Who [On The Air especially]

Yep definitely still very proggy, which is ok by me. Don't know why, but just expected something more experimental for his first album, no idea why! Only heard it tonight for the first time. Don't know early Genesis at all; but have wanted to check out Gabriel's early stuff for a while. will play PG3 tomorrow, and may update my thoughts on it!

Yep definitely still very proggy, which is ok by me. Don't know why, but just expected something more experimental for his first album, no idea why! Only heard it tonight for the first time. Don't know early Genesis at all; but have wanted to check out Gabriel's early stuff for a while. will play PG3 tomorrow, and may update my thoughts on it!

Here's the experimental track on Phil's first solo LP, Droned. I really like it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Toxic Reasons-ghost town 7" (rsd)
Crushed Butler-uncrushed 10"&dvd
The Only Ones-peel sessions lp
Cowboy Killers-koyaanisqatsi lp
Devo-function:dna lp

I found an original copy of Halfnelson by Sparks in Oxfam today, I almost fell over when I saw it:

Halfnelson-sparks-cover-lp.jpg

was close to picking this up recently but put it back. whats's it like?

couple of ebay/discogs purchases

0001813684_500.jpg

peaking lights - imaginary falcons
ebay, 4 euro. shipped for 5. lovely stuff.

zodiac-music_from_the_films.jpg

Zodiac - Music From The Films

heard of these guys for first time last night on gideon coe's 6 music show.
cosmic 80s synth tunes from Latvia. have no idea about the movies but tunes I sampled are quality.
picked it up for 5 on discogs but forked out 11 for shipping from finland. Find it hard to believe 11 quid is genuine price. recently sent a double lp to canada for 10! (and shipped a football jersey to Australia for 11 or 12!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back