AC/DC-it's a long way to the top 7"
Marc Bolan-cat black 7"
Marc Bolan/T Rex-one inch rock/ride a white swan 7"
New Model Army-whitecoats 7"
New Model Army-brave new world 7"
Hoodoo Gurus-bittersweet 7"
Hoodoo Gurus-like wow wipeout 7"
Johnny Kannis-king of the surf 7!
The Smithereens-especially for you lp(pic disc)
The Creamers-love,honor & opey lp
The ruts-the crack lp
v/a-new electric warriors lp
Soul Asylum-clam dip & other delights lp
Dokken-tooth and nail lp

Today I picked up a scratched to bits copy of Fresh Fruit in Foreign Places for 4 euro...

21rk15.jpg

nice to have if a bit of a pain to play

Inferno ~ Omniabsence Filled By His Greatness lp
Dread Sovereign ‎~ Pray To The Devil In Man lp
Fyrnask ‎~ Eldir Nótt dlp
Urna ~ Mors Principium Est cd
Arktau Eos ‎~ Ioh-Maera cd
Echtra ~ Sky Burial cd/dvd

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't get those Soul Jazz compilations: "Here have a bunch of previously released tracks that you already own and we're splitting the vinyl release into two separate releases so we get more of your money. No wonder we can afford to advertise on the back of The Wire every month."

Anenzephalia ~ Funkspiele lp
Bizarre Uproar ‎~ Rape Africa lp
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is that the Soul Jazz Records compilation with the orange cover? Any good?

Got I Don't Want To Grow Up by The Descendents. Still a great album

It's the blue cover volume on Soul Jazz,all uk bands,the first one(orange cover) is all US bands. I think both volumes are great. Only had a few of the singles on each one,although I have some of the other songs on other comps.

Of course I think they are both great. Got the book too at xmas.

That's a great Descendents record.

I don't get those Soul Jazz compilations: "Here have a bunch of previously released tracks that you already own and we're splitting the vinyl release into two separate releases so we get more of your money. No wonder we can afford to advertise on the back of The Wire every month."

Give them the two fingers by purchasing the CD version.

Give them the two fingers by purchasing the CD version.

Well it's also the thing of the compilations being mainly previously released, easily obtainable tracks. If I'm buying a compilation it's because it's stuff that's hard to find or unreleased. I love it when labels I like put together a compilation with odds and ends/out-takes of their roster.

I do like Soul Jazz's other releases/reissues, it's just their various artist compilations seem strange and not worth the money. Especially now that if someone isn't familiar with a genre/scene, they can probably find a playlist online to introduce the topic and then move from their to the proper albums of the ones that stand out.

For me it's a case of "Here's a bunch of old music that I really should have heard of before now".

And up til now I HAVE been buying them on cd

I have a few Soul jazz comps. Only one on vinyl, country soul sisters volume 1.
the rest on CD. They're probably generating the vinyl acetate from a digital source en'nannyways.

I just looked up buying just side one of the first punk 45 on readily available legit vinyl releases (reissues of the original singles,or comps with the song on) and it would cost almost 70euro,before postage.
Of course you're gonna get the other songs on the releases too,but y'know. I think it's a decent enough deal.

I actually already have more of the songs than I first thought,but still,didn't mind paying 20 euro or so for a comp with them all.

I'd say in the case of the Punk 45 ones that "readily available" or songs you "already have" is a bit strong.

couldn't comment on other genres they have done.

I just looked up buying just side one of the first punk 45 on readily available legit vinyl releases (reissues of the original singles,or comps with the song on) and it would cost almost 70euro,before postage.
Of course you're gonna get the other songs on the releases too,but y'know. I think it's a decent enough deal.

I actually already have more of the songs than I first thought,but still,didn't mind paying 20 euro or so for a comp with them all.

I'd say in the case of the Punk 45 ones that "readily available" or songs you "already have" is a bit strong.

I was talking in general with their comps, have no real interest in punk beyond a handful of bands so don't know much about that one. Definitely the ones that I would be interested in seem to just be compilations of albums I already have along with tracks of albums I intend to buy.

So like, in a nutshell, it's worth buying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back