Recently Purchased (7 Viewers)

Gout were really good. Great drummer. singing, not so good.

CDs
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970 - 2002

At their gig last night:
Uncle Acid & The Dead Beats Mind Control CD

Shopping in Tower beforehand:
Morton Feldman The Viola in My Life [Konstantynwicz/Cikada Ensemble/Norwegian Radio Orchestra/Eggen] CD
Neil Young Live at The Cellar Door CD

Pointed Sticks-what do you want me to do 7"
The Features-floozie of the neighborhood 7"
The Nubs-i don't need you(cause i got me) 7"
The Users-lo-fi-ep 7"
Fire Exit-time wall 7"
Only Death is Real(female fronted punk ) zine and tape comp
Third World Chaos-new move for error lp

R-1578394-1385175388-5233.jpeg

Desirable.

Why?
The only place to get Feed The World [Band Aid b-side] on CD.
Also features the extended mix of Do They Know It's Christmas? An underrated 12" concoction which is only otherwise available on shiny disc as part of a pricey Japanese CD single from 1988.

Red Hare-nites of midnite lp
Michael Monroe-horns and halos lp
Jook-jook rules 2xlp
v/a-glam o rama vol 1 lp
v/a-glam o rama vol 2 lp

Red Hare-nites of midnite lp

what do you make of it? I've only given it a cursory listen and while it sounded good it didn't grab me much. Packaging good?

Recently purchased:

picked up a copy of this on double vinyl for a fiver. Bit warped but plays fine enough for my purposes, doesn't skip but is a bit noisy I guess

Japan_-_Oil_On_Canvas.jpg

Finally got The Next Day by Bowie. Listened to it once so far, first impressions..... I'm sick of that band he's had for ages. I've always hated that guy's drumming. Not sure I want to put the time into this album it requires if I have to endure his playing. Guitarists too.

Recently purchased:

picked up a copy of this on double vinyl for a fiver. Bit warped but plays fine enough for my purposes, doesn't skip but is a bit noisy I guess

Japan_-_Oil_On_Canvas.jpg
any good? the one bit i could find with a quick search sounded great...

any good? the one bit i could find with a quick search sounded great...

They managed to sound almost the very same live to how they did in the studio so it functions quite like a best of (conveniently side-stepping all their early stuff they were trying to get everyone to forget). Assuming you're into it it's really good.

I got this in a moment of delirium when I was flicking through the vinyl section in Hmv. It's grand but not worth the 20quid I paid . I was just so surprised to see it I felt I needed to buy it. Very strange selection. Is there a lot of demand for an Enigma picture disc 45 or a Suede single from the 90's?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 10
Very strange selection. Is there a lot of demand for an Enigma picture disc 45 or a Suede single from the 90's?

I wonder this too when browsing vinyl. But I'm guessing shops don't hold huge reserves of stock and the 1 or 2 copies you browse through are all they have. Then you only need 1 or 2 people to be interested rather than needing huge demand per se. And if that 1 or 2 people do exist, they'd be likely to spend time browsing through vinyl sections. So while it may be different from methods employed by your average retailer, it does make some sense, in a way.

HMV in Liffey Valley must have had 10 plus copies,all out on display, of some of those picture disc singles. Possibly still have them as I don't tend to look at the picture disc singles when it's pretty much all there is.

I saw a mint condition Kenny G album in Urban Outfitters. I think it is the most hipster item I've ever seen, aimed squarely at slavishly ironic cunts

Found this in urban outfitters a year or two back. I immediately instagrammed it so it's a bit rich of me to laugh but STILL. I can't remember exactly what it is, a bookend maybe?

433521540f3d4f999e66e8cdd4f1ea47_7.jpg

poor JJ72, they'll see none of that 20 euro :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back