Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

Scott 3 - LP. I got this in Freebird and yer man recommended other stuff on the 4 Men With Beards label: http://www.forcedexposure.com/labels/4.men.with.beards.html. Some very nice stuff there. Scott 3 is a fantastic album.

Still Unravished - A Tribute To The June Brides. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Still_Unravished[/ame].

Infinity Window - Artificial Midnight
Andrew Chalk - Shadows From The Album Skies, The River That Flows Into The Sands II
Philip Jeck - Suite
Vivian Girls - s/t

Over last few weeks:
Poison idea-last will & testament (lp)
Madame germen- invocation a morte(lp)
Monarch/ Gray daturas- split(lp)
Gride-horizont udalosti(lp)
Gassmask terror-architect of death(7")
Antigama-discomfort(cd)
Antigama/Nyia-split(cd)

ive also heard of some dodgy remastering done on the 4 men with beards series..maybe someone else can shed some more light.

this thread
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=134316&highlight=scott

some less than complimentary comments

I heard the Scott 2 and 3 reissues in Spindizzy and they sounded ok.

However I would still recommend paying a little extra and seeking out the originals.

Scott 4 is the most expensive of the lot but 1, 2 and 3 shouldn't be too tricky to source. An EX or better copy of Scott 4 will cost ya. Mine is VG- and it shows.

Til The Band Comes In pops up occasionally. The sleeve is a bit flimsy - most I've come across are fairly worn.

Good bunch of albums, these:

51iTKmqxDtL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51oyrHj2eSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

610FhtVlCQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
61zzgnlIfnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I played this last week. Washing and Cleaning, Everything, Hatred. So many good memories. Saw 'em live more times than any other band.

Great live band they were too. Used to stay at my house a lot when they were in belfast. Somehow I never ended up with a copy of this lp though.

Mastodon- crack the skye(cd)
Event horizon(dvd)
American dad (series1) (dvd)
Charlie Brooker-Screen burn(book)

Buried inside-spoils of failure(2xlp)
Tombs-winter hours(lp)
Godflesh-slateman/wound'91(cd)
Meshuggah-chaosphere(reissue/cd)
Coffins/Arm and sword of a bastard god(split cd)
The i.t crowd(v 3.0) (dvd)

Fleetwood Mac-best of lp
Isaac Hayes-hot buttered soul lp
Country Joe & The Fish-electric music for the mind and body lp

2euro each at a car boot sale,he had a bunch more Motown type stuff but it was too beat to take a chance on. As I was leaving he told me someone beat me to it this morning and bought 22 lp's. GRRRRR!!!!! I didn't wanna know what I missed.

where was the booter, Gary?

this weekend for me

Room002-1.jpg

Two cheap JB comps [the one on the left is the James Brown Story 1966 - 1969] and a Booker T best of - all 80s releases. And another Hansi for the shelf. Decent In The Year 2525.

Room003-1.jpg

Already have this box on CD but I spotted this in St Vincent de Paul, Aungier St. Looks like it was rarely spun. Missing volume 7 [easy find a spare on ebay] so I said 'how much?'. Six euro was the answer. The first bunch also came from the same place - a euro each.

Room004-1.jpg

Real money paid for these but I'm pleased with 'em.
The Bob Seger is probably my favourite of his. That Richie Havens LP was missing the last couple of times I called to that shop but they found the record recently. Previously had gone up to the counter with the sleeve and got the 'can't locate it' response. Decent rendition of Here Comes The Sun. Title track is my favourite here.
Cal Tjader's Solar Heat is great. Nice arrangements by Gary McFarland and Eye Of The Devil rules.
Hard-Up Heroes is a comp I've been after for a while. Traded some CDs for it.

Room001-1.jpg

The Brian Dee is lame. The TOTP is number 4 and dates from 1969. Not a patch on number 6 from the same year. Janis Ian is an album my neighbours used to cane while I've yet to play Kallmann.

where was the booter, Gary?

On the old airport road. I used to go pretty regular and had a few good scores. It was gone for quite some time but I just recently noticed it started up again. I was there early enough,just before work and there were no more than a dozen stalls.

I need to find more,especially over were I'm living now.

Anyone know of any car boot sales around Lucan?

Haven't found anything particularly good lately. Just bought "Fever Ray" by Karin Drelier Andersson (Yer wan from the Knife). It's her solo stuff, but sounds pretty much like The Knife. Maybe slightly quieter.

Enjoying it so far though.

Morbid angel-domination(lp)
Godflesh-s/t(lp)
Nadja/Atavist-split(lp)
Rammstein-herzeleid(cd)
Abbadon Incarnate-the last supper(cd)
Foredirelifesake-dance.pretend.forget.defend.(cd)
Immolation-harnessing ruin(cd)
Jesuseater-s/t(cd ep)

New snare too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back