Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

playable yeah. listenable, definitely. i mean it's not brilliant throughout, but there's one really good track on it.

g200_m412_s.jpg

one of these.

I didn't realise you played guitar Steo?

J Church-the dramatic history of a boring town 7"
To Hell And Back-7"
Scorpions-virgin killer lp
Judas Priest-evening star 12"
Atomic Rooster-death walks behind you lp
Deep Purple-the book of taliesyn lp
Joan Jett And the Blackhearts-album tape
Japrocksampler-book

so this is where we list what music we have just bought, izzzzit?
Just want to be clear.

Neil Young Live DVD (for my dad)
some Blind Willie McTell CD
Afrika Bambaatta instrumentals on vinyl
Bothy Band (live at the BBC)

Blue Cheer - Original Human Being lp
V/A - Propaganda is Hippies (Kieltolaki, Viimeinen Kolonna, Väärinkäsitys, Totuus, Sotatila, Omaisuusvahinko, Yhteiskunnan Ystävät) finnish 82-style hc compilation lp
Phil COllins - In The Air Tonight 12"

you say that like there's something wrong with early Scorpions and Judas Priest? Atomic Rooster and Deep Purple are acceptable I presume?
All great records.

I was thinking about this the other day (it was a slow day) and I suppose your right what is wrong with them? I think it's a thing like if you were a teen in the grunge era all of a sudden these older metal bands & hair metal bands just seem ridiculous to me. I'm talking about the 2nd generation of metal bands Judas priest, Madien, Accept, Manowar, Dio, ect... all that type of stuff still makes me cringe. This doesn't seem to bother younger metal fans. When I see how popular incredibly cheesey bands like Dragonforce or Nightwish are, I can't believe that kids like this shit, but it all goes in cycles, doesn't it.

I was thinking about this the other day (it was a slow day) and I suppose your right what is wrong with them? I think it's a thing like if you were a teen in the grunge era all of a sudden these older metal bands & hair metal bands just seem ridiculous to me. I'm talking about the 2nd generation of metal bands Judas priest, Madien, Accept, Manowar, Dio, ect... all that type of stuff still makes me cringe. This doesn't seem to bother younger metal fans. When I see how popular incredibly cheesey bands like Dragonforce or Nightwish are, I can't believe that kids like this shit, but it all goes in cycles, doesn't it.

I'm not sure I'm picking you up as you mean to. Are you saying you think Dragonforce etc are similar to earlier metal bands? Or not? I think both Dragonforce and Nightwish are awful. And incredibly far removed from the other bands you mention. I also think Manowar are terrible. Priest,Maiden,Accept,and Dio are all great(certain records anyway) Keep in mind though that Priest's first records were early 70's,Accept were mid-late 70's,Maiden 80,Dio had already been in Elf/Rainbow and Sabbath before he'd his own band and Manowar? Let's just say they were no Dictators.
The change in the metal scene from the 70's/early 80's to now is frightening and definately for the worse. I like metal bands more who are greasy,dirtbag bikers etc not these namby pamby far too image aware types. Dragonforce are the eurovision of metal. And that's not good. Somewhere along the line it was forgotten that Stooges,MC5,Grand Funk Railroad, Ted Nugent etc were all considered heavy metal. For me that's where it went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back