Ray Houghton (1 Viewer)

Houghton is the only person more disappointed in footballers than John Giles. Every minute "pooowr, George. that waz poowr".

I fucking love George Hamilton!!! He's amazing. he's abundant with hyperbole and mixed metaphors!

Ireland's day has set on their day in the sun. fucking brilliant!!

Loved Ray as a player. Legend for club and country, but as a commentator...

He's not as poor as Quinn though. I just CANNOT STAND the man. His efforts when doing the game with Israel were almost as irritating the Israeli keepers antics.

Johnnyc said:
Loved Ray as a player. Legend for club and country, but as a commentator...

He's not as poor as Quinn though. I just CANNOT STAND the man. His efforts when doing the game with Israel were almost as irritating the Israeli keepers antics.
ah but quinny in the world cup of 94... "oh george!" rapid stuff.

a lot to answer for horton. a lot.

Niall quinn cannot finish or start a sentence properly, there always seems to be a time-lapse or mumbles

"I tell you that a wonderful hmmurmrumrurmrur....................................."
"hmmurmrumrurmrur................................should have passed to hmmurmrumrurmrur................" and so on

Great one, was when Ian Wright was late for match because he was stuck in traffic. Sat down at half time and proceeded to give full match review like he had watched the whole thing!

nofriendo said:
Great one, was when Ian Wright was late for match because he was stuck in traffic. Sat down at half time and proceeded to give full match review like he had watched the whole thing!

I suspect the quality of his analyis would hardly be degraded by his tardiness. He's about as insightful as a blind guy looking through a bricked up window.

RTEs football coverage rules with an iron fist
their commentary is only mildly less shit than the rest
but everything else shits on the others fron a great height
if only they didnt have to have ads like the beeb

ratmonkey said:
I suspect the quality of his analyis would hardly be degraded by his tardiness. He's about as insightful as a blind guy looking through a bricked up window.

Yeah, right, he should be booked for that, right, cos hes playin against England, right, and England should win everything, right, or it ain't fair.

Cormcolash said:
Yeah, right, he should be booked for that, right, cos hes playin against England, right, and England should win everything, right, or it ain't fair.

when Ronaldinho scored that tasty free kick against an unsuspecting (and slightly retarded) Seaman, Ian Wright was the only one on the panel who gave him credit for meaning to do it - the rest were like "uhhh had be an accident" "freak goal" "mlahhhhh".

He is, though, without doubt, an awful pundit.

skinnerchinner said:
RTEs football coverage rules with an iron fist
their commentary is only mildly less shit than the rest
but everything else shits on the others fron a great height
if only they didnt have to have ads like the beeb
word

avernus said:
when Ronaldinho scored that tasty free kick against an unsuspecting (and slightly retarded) Seaman, Ian Wright was the only one on the panel who gave him credit for meaning to do it - the rest were like "uhhh had be an accident" "freak goal" "mlahhhhh".

He is, though, without doubt, an awful pundit.
he's pure comedy. but not funny. it's his "energy" they want. probably the great british public complained that when auntie was showing the english games, they had to listen to dour scottish and irish punditry, and tehy wanted little johnny england to pump it up a bit.

i'll say this tho, he's better than irwin or cunningham.

Hector Grey said:
he's pure comedy. but not funny. it's his "energy" they want. probably the great british public complained that when auntie was showing the english games, they had to listen to dour scottish and irish punditry, and tehy wanted little johnny england to pump it up a bit.

i'll say this tho, he's better than irwin or cunningham.

he sure is, but then even if they got some scumbag in they'd be better. I reckon McGrath should be hauled in for this shit. Man knows his football and there's always the outside chance he'll show up drunk. Maybe not that outside.

I reckon RTE need some youth to that panel - a bit of goddamn personality. obviously Giles and Dunphy are fixed pundits, and they rule, but O' Herlihy and the rest are difficult to face. Also, they need to lose the bulshit gradient background. It sucks. it stinks of 'no budget'. at least feign the view of a box at the game or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back