Rate all their films (1 Viewer)

Watched this last night, definitely the best film of his that I've seen in the last 10 years or more. Still a 9 would be very generous. It's a bit heavy handed, a tad overly sentimental and the characters are paper thin. But it's good breezy fun, well thought out, well acted (liked Owen Wilson I have to say), suitably succinct. 7 out of 10.

Well, I have a strong love for that era. I loved all the little art and literary jokes. I think the characters where suppose to be paper thin. If they were fleshed out you'd see all sides of them instead of the venere that makes them shiny and alluring. Just the simple, everyone thinks a previous time in history is better than their own makes it a 9 for me. The grass is always greener. Then again, I'm not a harsh critic. Despite all my half-hearted complaining, I'm pretty breezy and am very easily pleased.

Well, I have a strong love for that era. I loved all the little art and literary jokes. I think the characters where suppose to be paper thin. If they were fleshed out you'd see all sides of them instead of the venere that makes them shiny and alluring. Just the simple, everyone thinks a previous time in history is better than their own makes it a 9 for me. The grass is always greener. Then again, I'm not a harsh critic. Despite all my half-hearted complaining, I'm pretty breezy and am very easily pleased.
Yeah I mean we're in agreement, it's a good movie. Just, for me, not up there with a Hannah and her Sisters or a Sweet and Lowdown. Maybe we have a different rating system in our heads or something? Mine would go something like this:

10 - Masterpiece
9 - Exceptional
8 - Very good
7 - Good
6 - Above average
5 - Average
4 - Below average
3 - Bad
2 - Terrible
1 - Offensively awful

10 - Masterpiece
9 - Exceptional
8 - Very good
7 - Good
6 - Above average
5 - Average
4 - Below average
3 - Bad
2 - Terrible
1 - Offensively awful

Yours is probably a better guide.

10 - Loved it and I will quote/watch it over and over.
9 - Loved it!
8 - Very good
7 - Could have been a bit better but still very good
6 - Good
5 - Average
4 - Meh
3 - Painful
2 - Did I really just sit through that?
1- I left or turned it off because it wasn't worth my time

Yeah I mean we're in agreement, it's a good movie. Just, for me, not up there with a Hannah and her Sisters or a Sweet and Lowdown. Maybe we have a different rating system in our heads or something? Mine would go something like this:

10 - Masterpiece
9 - Exceptional
8 - Very good
7 - Good
6 - Above average
5 - Average
4 - Below average
3 - Bad
2 - Terrible
1 - Offensively awful

10 - Masterpiece
9 - Excellent
8 - Very Good
7 - Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Bad
3 - Irritating
2 - Nausiating
1 - Insulting
0 - Directed by Eli Roth

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back