Random Photos (4 Viewers)

HK - City full of extremes

DSC05298-1.jpg

DSC05302.jpg

HK - City full of extremes
You see that in Dublin airport these days. Wonder if they'd polish my face when I get back from somewhere hot but without a tan?
Suited guy: "Johnny, tell me what you know about hedge funds in Brazil"
Shoe-shine guy: "I dunno. Why would I know anything about hedge funds in Brazil".
Suited guy slips shoe-shine guy some cash.
Shoe-shine guy looks left, then right.
Shoe-shine guy: "Word on the street..."

Thanks Goff :) The new camera is great. Enjoying it, and the results very much.

Great photos Squiggle - brilliant shots!! What sort of camera did you get yourself? I am in the market for a new one and am getting totally fustrated at the all the info out there. Do you have a web page that we could see them all?

Was in New York myself with a friend recently and had a ball - not so sure that he did tho!!

:cool:

I got the Canon EOS 300D - an older model but cheaper because of it - and with plenty of functionality for me. It was new and I got it with an 18-55mm and a 90-300mm (both Canon lenses) and also picked up a wide angle. So far I'm very happy with it.

I got the Canon EOS 300D - an older model but cheaper because of it - and with plenty of functionality for me. It was new and I got it with an 18-55mm and a 90-300mm (both Canon lenses) and also picked up a wide angle. So far I'm very happy with it.

Excellent - sounds good!!.. Not looking for the actually price but on average terms was it very expensive.... yes or no will do.

Did you have a good time in NY?

Excellent - sounds good!!.. Not looking for the actually price but on average terms was it very expensive.... yes or no will do.

Did you have a good time in NY?

Going by prices I had seen online and adding in the camera bag and 1Gb card that they threw in I think I got a reasonable deal.

I did have a nice time in NY. It's a great city.

Going by prices I had seen online and adding in the camera bag and 1Gb card that they threw in I think I got a reasonable deal.

I did have a nice time in NY. It's a great city.

Thats great you had a good time - I had a ball. It is a brilliant city with lots of buzz and plenty to do. I thought the atmostphere was brilliant and the people were wonderful.

I don't think my friend enjoyed it that much altho he did say - like you, it was a nice city. He is a bit of an opinionated dry shiite anyway!! Found fault with everything!!

It was my first time and I will be going back - soon!!

Wiz:cool:

Thats great you had a good time - I had a ball. It is a brilliant city with lots of buzz and plenty to do. I thought the atmostphere was brilliant and the people were wonderful.

I don't think my friend enjoyed it that much altho he did say - like you, it was a nice city. He is a bit of an opinionated dry shiite anyway!! Found fault with everything!!

It was my first time and I will be going back - soon!!

That's cool! I'd been several times before so I kinda new my way around and it wasn't as exciting as it might be to visit for the first time. But I do agree that there is a lot to do and the people are very nice. I was also a bit surprised at what you'll get away with if you're carrying a digital SLR rather than a standard compact digital. I'm still wary of photographing people but there were random strangers waving at me to take their photograph. I also took photos with no problems in areas that I was later told others were given out to for taking pictures.

That's cool! I'd been several times before so I kinda new my way around and it wasn't as exciting as it might be to visit for the first time. But I do agree that there is a lot to do and the people are very nice. I was also a bit surprised at what you'll get away with if you're carrying a digital SLR rather than a standard compact digital. I'm still wary of photographing people but there were random strangers waving at me to take their photograph. I also took photos with no problems in areas that I was later told others were given out to for taking pictures.

The only place I had a problem in taking photos was in Chinatown area - the people were very objectional in some places and didn't give a damn in others - I suppose some people just dont like having their photos taken and you have just gotta accept that.

i was going through old photos on my work PC and found these: taken minutes after Edward Genochio cycled into HK. (He had cycled from England, through Europe, Siberia, China, etc.) I took this one as he dismounted, seconds before he was engulfed by the media.

DSC00187.jpg

at the time i had the date on my camera and cant remove it from these pics unfortunately.

DSC00197.jpg

and funnily enough another young Briton completed a similar journey yesterday. London to HK via a helluva lot of other places. he started in August so fair play to him!
one of the work photogs took this.

timsmith.jpg

indeed. by the looks of it his route was shorter as he didnt go into siberia though he did go through russia and kazakhstan.
he's only 24 aswell. inspiring! im tempted to quit my job and cycle home!

do it la la. better get a move on if you wanna make it back for christmas though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back