Random Photos (3 Viewers)

could go for one of them pitta-burrrgerrrss right about now.

good night, walked away with 52euro winnings from throwing that tennis ball.

right sorry, back to the photos.

448558020_ee10a2c3b4.jpg

You a paddler yourself Moosey?

I went out surf paddling last New years eve in that storm and got fucked up. Backwards cartwheeling capsizing picking stones out of your wetsuit mayhem.

Simpler times.

You a paddler yourself Moosey?

I went out surf paddling last New years eve in that storm and got fucked up. Backwards cartwheeling capsizing picking stones out of your wetsuit mayhem.

Simpler times.

Yeah well I try anyhow. Where were you out last new years and more importantly why? I was out around the time of the time of the Thai Tsunami (is that two years back?) off the cost of Donegal on a short board never again I tells ya.

I've had the shit kicked out of me a few times in kayaks but more so on rivers than in surf. I can honestly say at least one of those times completely changed my outlook on life. There's a few more kayaking pics on my flickr page in my sig btw.

Yeah well I try anyhow. Where were you out last new years and more importantly why? I was out around the time of the time of the Thai Tsunami (is that two years back?) off the cost of Donegal on a short board never again I tells ya.

I've had the shit kicked out of me a few times in kayaks but more so on rivers than in surf. I can honestly say at least one of those times completely changed my outlook on life. There's a few more kayaking pics on my flickr page in my sig btw.

Ah, a mate of ours has a gaff in Wexford, right up on the coast there. The surf is shite at best, but there was a mental storm at the time and we thought we would give it a go.
A few miles away from where we were a trawler sank that day. It was just fucking bedlam. I fell off a few waves, the wave was so steep, that I just fell, landed at the bottom of it and instantly got chomped.

We were men enough to eventually realise something bad would happen out there.
Normally surfing is grand, but, yeah. Not there it wasn't. There is a break at Inch I think, off by the cliffs there, where the rip is, that works when its big. A pair of us got on a wave that apparently was 2 and a half to 3 times the length of the boat, and I was in a 8 foot boat. After that one I decided it was time to get the pints in. Yeah... there is some savage surf off Ireland.

Rivers are way more scary though. Nice shots on the Flikcr site by the way. I put a crack in my collar bone on a the Dargle I think. I used to lead college groups, but ehh, we had a little incident on the Bun Duracha, and... well, two of us survived. Everyone else looked like they were coming off a tour of duty in Vietnam, and one of the boats was wrapped around a rock. No one actually died, but there were mutinous mumblings on the way home.
The fact of the matter was I was so out of control that I shot out of the river at one point, skidded across a big boulder and a bit of field, and then back into the river upside down, backwards, and then down a grade 3 drop.

When I looked up at the other "leaders" face he was a bit anxious looking. "Nice roll" was really all he said before the shit hit the fan again in a big way.

I sort of retired after that. There is fuck all paddling out here it seems.

Ah, a mate of ours has a gaff in Wexford, right up on the coast there. The surf is shite at best, but there was a mental storm at the time and we thought we would give it a go.
A few miles away from where we were a trawler sank that day. It was just fucking bedlam. I fell off a few waves, the wave was so steep, that I just fell, landed at the bottom of it and instantly got chomped.

We were men enough to eventually realise something bad would happen out there.
Normally surfing is grand, but, yeah. Not there it wasn't. There is a break at Inch I think, off by the cliffs there, where the rip is, that works when its big. A pair of us got on a wave that apparently was 2 and a half to 3 times the length of the boat, and I was in a 8 foot boat. After that one I decided it was time to get the pints in. Yeah... there is some savage surf off Ireland.

Rivers are way more scary though. Nice shots on the Flikcr site by the way. I put a crack in my collar bone on a the Dargle I think. I used to lead college groups, but ehh, we had a little incident on the Bun Duracha, and... well, two of us survived. Everyone else looked like they were coming off a tour of duty in Vietnam, and one of the boats was wrapped around a rock. No one actually died, but there were mutinous mumblings on the way home.
The fact of the matter was I was so out of control that I shot out of the river at one point, skidded across a big boulder and a bit of field, and then back into the river upside down, backwards, and then down a grade 3 drop.

When I looked up at the other "leaders" face he was a bit anxious looking. "Nice roll" was really all he said before the shit hit the fan again in a big way.

I sort of retired after that. There is fuck all paddling out here it seems.

There's some decent paddling to be had in upstate New York afaik. I can check it out if you want.

My life defining moment was knocking myself out upside down on a grade 4+ section in Austria that's not in the guidebook. Came to pretty instantly but don't remember losing my paddles just banging my head and realising that I needed to get out of my boat as quickly as possible. I then got somersaulted over a rock that I hit feet first thankfully. Ended up with concussion and whiplash for my troubles but I got my boat back in in fairly decent shape. It had been wrapped across two rocks and the foam inserts had all been ripped out. I've done a bit of the spate paddling over here, it's always an adventure alright, especially when you can't tell if you're in the river or the fields.

I'm new round these hair parts, how do you go about posting pictures? The insert picture button only allows you to add a URL. It is by attachment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back