Random Photos (1 Viewer)

DSC00156.jpg

First one is hill 16 during the french match.
Second 2 are Fundidora Park and Monterrey
Last is Monterrey at dawn.
All with my cameraphone.
There is a much better version (I think) of the last on 35mm I took about a half hour earlier when the lights are still on and the sky is just brightening.

what iso did you shoot that pic at goff?
t'is really cool looking.

It's actually 1600 ISO. Then put thru DXO, which gets rid of some noise (though not enough!) Most of my night time shots are at 1600 at this time of the year with no tripod. Got a monopod last week and will have it in Venice, so might experiment a bit.

I can live with the noise but not the blurriness.

It's actually 1600 ISO. Then put thru DXO, which gets rid of some noise (though not enough!) Most of my night time shots are at 1600 at this time of the year with no tripod. Got a monopod last week and will have it in Venice, so might experiment a bit.

I can live with the noise but not the blurriness.

How's the monopod working out? Have you used it yet?

How's the monopod working out? Have you used it yet?

Only in the gaff. I'm trying to rig up some way of attaching it to the camera bag for my travels, so it'd be easy to access for when needed. It does make a difference.

I'm still toying with the idea of binging a tripod with me to Venice so I can take pictures of meself....:cool:

Only in the gaff. I'm trying to rig up some way of attaching it to the camera bag for my travels, so it'd be easy to access for when needed. It does make a difference.

I'm still toying with the idea of binging a tripod with me to Venice so I can take pictures of meself....:cool:

I usually find it is better to bring another person to take pictures :D

I feel like a bit of a gimp walking around with it, much more than I expected to. But next time I'm home I think I'll be able to do some stuff with it….

I usually find it is better to bring another person to take pictures :D

Feck that. The freedom of the single life has its benefits.
Besides, why go to the solitude of a car-less city and have it interrupted by inane babble?

I feel like a bit of a gimp walking around with it, much more than I expected to. But next time I'm home I think I'll be able to do some stuff with it….

Ah, but a gimp with a stick to protect yourself with. Better than lugging a tripod all over. Everyone will think you're a pro.

You know what I think is great? When you whip out your D-SLR and take a picture. And all the tourista's start trying to take the same picture, thinking you know what you're doing. And they actually won't walk in front of you when taking a picture, which is very refreshing. I suppose it helps that my camera has the battery pack on it and looks even bigger than it really is.

I knew size was important.

You know what I think is great? When you whip out your D-SLR and take a picture. And all the tourista's start trying to take the same picture, thinking you know what you're doing. And they actually won't walk in front of you when taking a picture, which is very refreshing. I suppose it helps that my camera has the battery pack on it and looks even bigger than it really is.

I knew size was important.

Haha, I noticed that in New York, and last week when I was taking my shots for the photo series too actually. It's funny.

I'm restoring old family photos that are in bits and and this is my first one.

This is a pic of my brothers when they were small and cute. They're both in their fifties now!

derryandfinbarrretouchsm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back